Seriously? No more camera roll?

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That's like the foundation of the photos app...the absolute necessity. How can they just get rid of this? What's the reasoning? This is stupid, might as well get rid of the photos app, it is useless now. Way to make life complicated Apple. I hate iOS 8.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like one of those emo complaints that you often hear about, no offense.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the new photos app though. It's almost the exact same thing except more detailed. You'll get used to it.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
An 'emo complaint'? I think it's a real annoyance, too. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to remove the option. The vast majority of my photo stream is synced via iCloud and I now have photos sent to me mixed with those I've taken with other cameras mixed with the photos taken on my iPhone in an order that's completely different.

Perhaps we will get used to it,but I don't really want to learn new features.. I want to just continue using things the way they were..

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My husband's camera roll disappeared immediately after updating his phone to iOS8 and turned into the "moments" format which irked him.

The weird thing is that my camera roll folder turned into an "All photos" folder after updating the other day.
Then today, POOF 💨 that folder disappeared and I too now have to search through "moments".

I don't get it -- my photos aren't syncing to iCloud. How is everything still updating and changing, ya know?

I feel like we're all in the "REVISIONS" episode of Stargate SG-1 where everyone is hooked to THE LINK via a detachable device on their temple and would periodically get info downloaded directly to their brain simultaneously from this supercomputer superprogram, as needed. Then THE LINK started altering people's memories, history, etc., to compensate for their rapidly deteriorating environmental conditions which caused the supercomputer to randomly sacrifice citizens without anyone (except SG-1, of course) realizing it since their memories were being adjusted accordingly...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411213805.805620.jpg

In case anyone's interested, lol:
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Revisions

It's a pretty good episode! 😊

Or for any Doctor Who fans, it's like the "Rise of the Cybermen" episode where everyone wears EarPods devices instead of mobile phones and all get their info via transmissions directly into their brains simultaneously from the CYBUS supercorporation --- which again eventually results in mind control which, if successful, would lead to the eventual "upgrade" which would turn all humans into Cybermen (metal robot-type creatures with a shared mentality).

The Link? Downloads? Upgrades? Mobile devices that you wear? GASP! 😱

Baaaaa 🐑🐏 LOL!

But I digress...yeah, the change in camera roll setup is annoying. 😜

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
And...POOF! 💨

At least the "All photos" folder is back when you want to send a pic as an attachment on an email or text. 😁

Lots of other stuff acting up and rebooting has helped. But now I am getting BB flashbacks about "battery pulls". 😳

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Somebody said that "taking away Camera Roll in iOS8 will prove to be Apple's 'New Coke' moment." I agree...

Yup - Apple screwed up by screwing with something that worked well. All they needed to do was lift that stupid 1,000 photo limit on Photo Stream and that would have been perfect. The "Moments" thing isn't a replacement.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup - Apple screwed up by screwing with something that worked well. All they needed to do was lift that stupid 1,000 photo limit on Photo Stream and that would have been perfect. The "Moments" thing isn't a replacement.

Why not? The same photos are there.

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I have nothing against putting new ideas and features in to enhance an experince, what I don't like is when you're being forced into something, really don't see why they just couldn't implemented an option in settings were you could choose they way you prefer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just create an album and title it "Camera Roll". Then put all your photos there. I just created several albums. I even have one for my cat.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2