Has anyone had an issue with Instagram with beta 5 or even beta 4? I am trying to setup my Share settings for Twitter and I continue to get the error - "we couldn't connect to Twitter. If you see this error repeatedly, tap Learn More to visit our Help Center." Help center didn't help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but no luck. Tried it in Beta 4 and was hoping it was fixed in Beta 5 but no luck yet.
    Just installed the beta I will try for you and give you the feed back

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold
    08-05-2014 12:43 PM
    I don't know if this is a bug or not but I submitted a report on the dev site:

I have my message previews turned off. Previews show up as they should anyway in notification center. If I'm within an app and receive a message and pull down on the banner, the text field is already automatically there for a quick reply under the preview of the message. If I swipe back up to get rid of NC without having replied, the message is marked as read. If I take no action on the banner at all and just leave the message in NC, then I don't even have the quick reply option left anymore to use.

iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407257232.664283.jpg

iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407257243.113156.jpg
    08-05-2014 12:45 PM
    My Skype app keeps on crashing.
    In my regard, it only crashes on my two most used contacts. Go figure!....
    08-05-2014 12:48 PM

I have my message previews turned off. Previews show up as they should anyway in notification center. If I'm within an app and receive a message and pull down on the banner, the text field is already automatically there for a quick reply under the preview of the message. If I swipe back up to get rid of NC without having replied, the message is marked as read. If I take no action on the banner at all and just leave the message in NC, then I don't even have the quick reply option left anymore to use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257232.664283.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	62187

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257243.113156.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	62188
    I don't know if it's the app or what was in checking forums right here when I got a message from one of my chat apps but didn't want to reply but rather ignore it and it wouldn't allow me do that if I try to pull up to the NC nothing happens. Don't know if it's all apps or what just that particular app. Maybe 3rd party apps I guess

08-05-2014 01:17 PM
    Compared to most of the earlier betas, I don't notice many new things, but beta 5 has been very smooth and polished for me. Active notifications just seem so much more polished and smooth.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    08-05-2014 01:55 PM
    finally decided to give 8 a try with this new build. this is a first time I have had a 64gig iPhone (which has a lot of pictures on it) - doing a restore from iTunes back up from this a.m. (first time in a long time I backed up using iTunes, normally use iCloud) Its restoring, but going s slow, I think its been almost 40 minutes ore more and still says 42 to go. I thought it would be faster from my Mac. Its moving, not stuck. But really? this is taking forever.

is this normal?
    08-05-2014 02:19 PM
    finally decided to give 8 a try with this new build. this is a first time I have had a 64gig iPhone (which has a lot of pictures on it) - doing a restore from iTunes back up from this a.m. (first time in a long time I backed up using iTunes, normally use iCloud) Its restoring, but going s slow, I think its been almost 40 minutes ore more and still says 42 to go. I thought it would be faster from my Mac. Its moving, not stuck. But really? this is taking forever.

is this normal?
    Yep it's normal, at least with my experience with the betas.
    08-05-2014 02:47 PM
    I don't know if it's the app or what was in checking forums right here when I got a message from one of my chat apps but didn't want to reply but rather ignore it and it wouldn't allow me do that if I try to pull up to the NC nothing happens. Don't know if it's all apps or what just that particular app. Maybe 3rd party apps I guess

I've had that issue in previous betas. I think it's just a matter of the 3rd party app being ready for iOS 8
    08-05-2014 02:50 PM
    Yep it's normal, at least with my experience with the betas.
    How long does the OTA take?
    08-05-2014 02:58 PM
    How long does the OTA take?
    For me it was a 3 minute download and 15 minutes to prepare the update on my iPod touch, the install took about 20 minutes.
    phreddyl likes this.
    08-05-2014 03:01 PM
    My guess is that whatsapp won't work until they do an update. Apples update won't fix problems related to software made for ios 7.
    You can download the Whatsapp beta that works with ios 8
    08-05-2014 05:37 PM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257232.664283.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	62187

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257243.113156.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	62188
    I am guessing they figure since the phone is unlocked its you using the phone, so you don't need to have it private anymore, its been like that for me since beta 4. I actually like it that way because I don't have to get out of an app I am using just to reply to a message.
    08-05-2014 05:42 PM
    I am guessing they figure since the phone is unlocked its you using the phone, so you don't need to have it private anymore, its been like that for me since beta 4. I actually like it that way because I don't have to get out of an app I am using just to reply to a message.
    NC has always shown the message preview whether set to on or off for the lock screen. My quarrel is I would like quick reply in notification center since it's showing the message anyway. But I'm only able to quick reply by pulling down the banner and nothing more.
    08-05-2014 05:47 PM
    NC has always shown the message preview whether set to on or off for the lock screen. My quarrel is I would like quick reply in notification center since it's showing the message anyway. But I'm only able to quick reply by pulling down the banner and nothing more.
    That's odd that you still see the message, I have previews off too and I only see the person's name, if I slide left it gives me the X to dismiss it. I only get quick reply when the phone is unlocked and I pull down on the notification to quick reply.
    08-05-2014 05:58 PM
    That's odd that you still see the message, I have previews off too and I only see the person's name, if I slide left it gives me the X to dismiss it. I only get quick reply when the phone is unlocked and I pull down on the notification to quick reply.
    I have preview turned on and I get reply in Notification Center.
    iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407276411.551854.jpg
    08-05-2014 06:07 PM
    The message preview has always been in NC when the phone is unlocked since it was introduced in iOS 5. What you just said is what I would like. Quick reply from notification center when the phone is unlocked. The screenshots above show that I get it sometimes and sometimes I don't.

I have preview set to "off" and always have.
    08-05-2014 06:08 PM
    Same here via the lock screen.
    08-05-2014 06:10 PM
    I have preview turned on and I get reply in Notification Center.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407276411.551854.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	62197
    I have it off.
    08-05-2014 06:10 PM
    The message preview has always been in NC when the phone is unlocked since it was introduced in iOS 5. What you just said is what I would like. Quick reply from notification center when the phone is unlocked. The screenshots above show that I get it sometimes and sometimes I don't.
    Ok I see. It has worked for me since beta 4. In previous betas it wouldn't allow me to do it, preview had to be on for quick reply to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-05-2014 06:11 PM
    Same here via the lock screen.
    I don't care about the lock screen lol. Since I have it set to off I understand why there would be no quick reply there. But in NC the preview is there anyway so quick reply might as well be present.
    rpol86 likes this.
    08-05-2014 06:11 PM
    I don't care about the lock screen lol. Since I have it set to off I understand why there would be no quick reply there. But in NC the preview is there anyway so quick reply might as well be present.
    You're right and I agree...
    08-05-2014 06:14 PM
    Ok here is a new one. I pre ordered the counting crows album and the new song that was available today isn't showing that it's available but it is showing on my iPad running iOS 7
    08-05-2014 06:17 PM
    I don't see the preview in NC with preview off

08-05-2014 08:16 PM
    Anybody notice this? In the lower left corner of the lock screen, it gives you the option to open an app that is related to a store that you're at. In my case, Fred Meyer. I noticed it earlier with Starbucks and Target, too. iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1407284696.730833.jpg

08-05-2014 08:25 PM
    Anybody notice this? In the lower left corner of the lock screen, it gives you the option to open an app that is related to a store that you're at. In my case, Fred Meyer. I noticed it earlier with Starbucks and Target, too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1407284696.730833.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	62203

That started a few betas back. If you have the app, it's supposed to open it. If you don't, it's supposed to link to the AppStore page for it. Based on iBeacons.
    luvesuga likes this.
    08-05-2014 08:42 PM
361 ... 45678 ...