No hopstop in ios8?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite excited about this update overall, so this isn't meant to bash iOS8 at all. There's lots of good stuff in there, and I can't wait for fall.

but that said, maps improvements was missing. granted it was just a rumor, but it got me wondering about it nonetheless.

now thankfully google maps is really good for transit, and with iOS8 allowing third party apps deeper control, it'll get even better, so its not a big deal, but I do know apple bought hopstop over a year ago, and its pretty clear to me why. at some point, maybe this september or next summer, they'll be putting out a new maps with transit integration.

any ideas or speculations why it wasn't released yet? any new rumors?

I have a hunch it could just be apple isn't ready yet and wants to be doubly sure they won't have a second maps screw up, but then maybe it's something else. what do you think? or what have your heard on the grapevine?I'm still hoping for a fall release for that, but even if its not, the bigger iphone, and all the sweet goodies in iOS8 will have me happy either way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's possible they'll mention it during the iPhone announcement, but I can't say for certain.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Integrating hopstop into maps wouldn't have any bearing on developers.

Perhaps they will announce more iOS 8 features during the iPhone 6 launch.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Lots of things can get added, changed, or removed before the GM and full release... and because something wasn't talked about during the keynote, it doesn't mean anything in particular.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
There might be more iOS 8 features specific to the new iPhone and maybe some of the old features might be revisited during the launch of the new iPhone. We will just have to wait and watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2