Can you rearrange the phones in contact list?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I asked that right or what...but...I'm trying to rearrange the phone numbers I have for some of my contacts. For ex...my lawyer has several numbers that I can reach him at and I want the office to be the very top number but it won't let me do that it keeps putting the work fax number there. So I tried to change that number from "work" to Main and it still came in second and work fax was on top as the 1st phone number. I'm in the edit part and I can't seem to move anything around other than delete it which I don't want to do. So I'm hoping I explained myself clearly that someone understood what I'm trying to say lol...and can possibly help me. It would make life so much easier for a lot more of my contacts that's for sure. So any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks so much:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. There is no drag and drop feature associated with the Contacts app.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow...what a huge bummer. You can rearrange everything else...especially in your reminders and notifications etc. But you can't rearrange phone numbers...that's weird...o well you'd think that would've been a given there ya know. Ugh so much work to do now.

Thanks so much for your help with that :yes:

Kyle Justin

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Woah...seriously? Such a simple task and there's no solution?
I've had an iPhone for three months and I am finding more and more of these no-brainer features that iOS just doesn't have. I am shocked.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Woah...seriously? Such a simple task and there's no solution?
I've had an iPhone for three months and I am finding more and more of these no-brainer features that iOS just doesn't have. I am shocked.

same case with me...the era of emphasizing of "much too simplicity" is gone,people need ease more than simplicity,no matter in whichever form the "ease" comes,but certainly not in form of "handicapping" people...

mcgreig

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, but have just found an app in the App Store called Reorder It! It is pretty basic, but seems to solve the problem ok.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen the order as a problem. I just name them for what they are. You can change the name by tapping it. I use many custom names for numbers. Deleting to reorder is no problem. I usually start with the most used.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

JEsteras

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
YES, mcgreig!!! I had this same annoyance but the app that you brought into the conversation WPRKS PERFECTLY!! THNXX so much for the info!!! :)