I believe this used to work unless I am dreaming...it seems when I was entering text, I would see a red dashed underline under misspelled words. I could click on them, and suggestions would be made. This happened in multiple apps on my phone/iPad. This is not auto correct, which I turned off from day one since it would easily embarrass me with some of its spelling substitutions that failed to catch :-)

Settings/General/Check Spelling is turned on, I have tried turning it off and on, and restarting. This would be the setting to turn on the red dashed line, correct?

I do see the red dashed line in iMessage, but nowhere else so far. Was it in more apps or am I dreaming? I seem to remember using it a lot in Gmail app.

Is anyone else seeing this? Have we lost the spelling error detection capability in iOS 7?
    10-01-2013 07:11 AM
    I believe this used to work unless I am dreaming...it seems when I was entering text, I would see a red dashed underline under misspelled words. I could click on them, and suggestions would be made. This happened in multiple apps on my phone/iPad. This is not auto correct, which I turned off from day one since it would easily embarrass me with some of its spelling substitutions that failed to catch :-)

Settings/General/Check Spelling is turned on, I have tried turning it off and on, and restarting. This would be the setting to turn on the red dashed line, correct?

I do see the red dashed line in iMessage, but nowhere else so far. Was it in more apps or am I dreaming? I seem to remember using it a lot in Gmail app.

Is anyone else seeing this? Have we lost the spelling error detection capability in iOS 7?
    I see it in any app that supports text entry.
    10-01-2013 07:51 AM
    Delete gmail App, reboot your device, then reinstall the app. I done it and it worked.
    donawalt likes this.
    11-17-2013 01:03 PM
    Delete gmail App, reboot your device, then reinstall the app. I done it and it worked.
    Wow that did it - amazing. Thanks!
    11-18-2013 12:40 PM