What issues are you having with iOS 7?

Chris Miller16

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The thread asks "what issues are "YOU" having with iOS 7? Was a Google search necessary for that?

Just trying to head off the flow of problems so people won't think they are the only ones with issues. In other words tying to be nice, maybe it is something you should try instead of trying to appear smarter then you might be by posting something that has no relevance to the thread.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just trying to head off the flow of problems so people won't think they are the only ones with issues.
I now understand
In other words tying to be nice, maybe it is something you should try instead of trying to appear smarter then you might be by posting something that has no relevance to the thread.
First of all, I try to be nice and respectful at all times, however, sometimes I fail, but not in this regard. I simply wanted to understand why you needed to do a Google search to tell us the problems you were having with iOS 7.

kreestole

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't get more than 6 hours usage anymore, on iOS 6 I used to get 8-9. With heavy use, even on wifi, sometimes I'm only getting 4 hours usage. Standby seems worse too. Leaving it alone it seems to drop quite fast. At school I have spotty cell service and being at school for 6 hours with minimal usage (maybe 20 minutes of actual usage) I drop from 100% to 20%, regardless of turning LTE off. It seems excessive. I've read everything on here and online I could, adjusted all my settings, and I still am disappointed in the battery life. I like iOS 7 a lot, but losing 2-3 hours of usage has made me regret updating. I'm on a year old iphone 5.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't get more than 6 hours usage anymore, on iOS 6 I used to get 8-9. With heavy use, even on wifi, sometimes I'm only getting 4 hours usage. Standby seems worse too. Leaving it alone it seems to drop quite fast. At school I have spotty cell service and being at school for 6 hours with minimal usage (maybe 20 minutes of actual usage) I drop from 100% to 20%, regardless of turning LTE off. It seems excessive. I've read everything on here and online I could, adjusted all my settings, and I still am disappointed in the battery life. I like iOS 7 a lot, but losing 2-3 hours of usage has made me regret updating. I'm on a year old iphone 5.

Spotty cell service can definitely have a negative effect on battery life. Also, if I were you, I'd revisit the location services settings and make changes to the listed items, if necessary. Other than that, try letting the battery completely drain or drain to around 5%, and then charge it to capacity uninterrupted to see if that helps.

kreestole

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya on the spotty cell service, just seems crazy that while the phone is asleep in my pocket that it's draining 12-15% an hour without me even waking it up.

I've tweaked every single setting, especially the location services, to the point where if I turn any more of them off I'm severely reducing functionality. I have reset all network settings, turned off push email so it only fetches when I open mail, and turned off all the new features of iOS 7 (auto update, etc). My brightness is at about 15%.

If I am at home all day on wifi, minimal usage like texting and actual phone calls will get me about 6 hours. I've let the phone drop below 5% a few times, as I was not used to having to charge it every afternoon to have enough juice until bedtime. I'm really frustrated with it, that few hours is a big deal for me. I use my phone for a lot if different things. I feel like if rather have kept the 2-3 hours usage. Does anyone know if the update does anything to battery life? It doesn't mention it, but if it's worse I don't want to do the update to iOS 7.0.2 or whatever it is.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya on the spotty cell service, just seems crazy that while the phone is asleep in my pocket that it's draining 12-15% an hour without me even waking it up.

I've tweaked every single setting, especially the location services, to the point where if I turn any more of them off I'm severely reducing functionality. I have reset all network settings, turned off push email so it only fetches when I open mail, and turned off all the new features of iOS 7 (auto update, etc). My brightness is at about 15%.

If I am at home all day on wifi, minimal usage like texting and actual phone calls will get me about 6 hours. I've let the phone drop below 5% a few times, as I was not used to having to charge it every afternoon to have enough juice until bedtime. I'm really frustrated with it, that few hours is a big deal for me. I use my phone for a lot if different things. I feel like if rather have kept the 2-3 hours usage. Does anyone know if the update does anything to battery life? It doesn't mention it, but if it's worse I don't want to do the update to iOS 7.0.2 or whatever it is.

Wow!...I'm sorry you're having such terrible battery life, my friend. If you have the time and desire, try a clean install of iOS 7.0.2 -- Backup your device via iCloud AND iTunes, put your device in DFU mode then restore and set up as new. Test out the battery life for a few days to see if things improve. If not, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and see what they can do for you, if anything.

doverton2

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Previously after double clicking all the apps that were open would appear and I could close which reqlly helped my battery ussage I now cannot close the apps I have recently used. Therefore, they are left open and I think that attributes to my fast battery usage.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have Diagnostics and Usage set to Automatically Send. While I believe this is the default setting out of the box, it may help Apple get a better sense of what issues are cropping up, and how frequently.

If the issues noted in this thread are automatically sent, then that may help influence what gets focus in an upcoming update.

LizzyG01

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If your iMessages get stuck 'sending', just press and hold the message and a pop-up menu will appear with the option to send as SMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmcj

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine locks up sometimes. The only way to get it back on have to hold down the home button and the power button. Anyone else having this problem?

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Almost all my issues are iMessage related. Group messages with other iMessage users only send as text. Pictures won't send over wifi at all even if recipient is on iMessage and probably 25% of time iMessages will send as texts to other iPhone users even though " send as SMS" is off.

I have also had no FaceTime connection since upgrading. It just gets stuck saying "connecting" and never connects.

I like iOS 7 but the iMessage issues alone have me wanting iOS 6 back.

....and I just discovered iMessage also won't let me send a contact file over wifi.

I hope apple gets this sorted out soon. iOS 7 is started to really **** me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Last edited:

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it's fair to say that iOS 7 is still in beta mode....PUBLIC BETA just as Siri was when it first launched. With all these issues people are having with iOS 7 it makes me wonder what kind of testing and debugging the beta developers actually discovered and reported to Apple.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's fair to say that iOS 7 is still in beta mode....PUBLIC BETA just as Siri was when it first launched. With all these issues people are having with iOS 7 it makes me wonder what kind of testing and debugging the beta developers actually discovered and reported to Apple.

The thing is these issues didn't come up during the betas or the GM release, only after the public release most of these problems start occurring. Most developers don't try everything cause they are busy updating their own apps for iOS 7 and don't have the time. So far from what I've read it's been hit and miss for issues with iOS 7.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it would make sense that Apple would have developers updating apps to work with the new OS as well as having testers test out bugs like this before the final GM release. As stated earlier I feel like iOS 7 is still in beta..public beta.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the iMessage issues mentioned earlier in the thread. Another random issue: Last night at the gym I was trying to type out a message to my sister and Siri randomly kept popping on interrupting my typing. It happened three different times. What is that about??

And no, I didn't hit the home button, and no I didn't hit the microphone button in the text keyboard.

It just struck me as strange. I restarted it and it hasn't happened since, but holy weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2