Good bye Iphone

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow hate to see you get burned like this from iOS7, maybe going Android could be a good break for you. I myself just came from using a Samsung Galaxy S4, great phone to tweak a lot of options/settings within apps/widgets but I moved over for the 5S for it's camera, not sure if you'll be able to get the same exact quality from the S4.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I came over to an iPhone from a Samsung - and there is no way in hell I'd ever go back. Touchwiz one of the most vile creations in the history of UI - I'd had my phone two weeks before my loathing forced me to root and ROM it.

I then spent the remaining 18 months of my two year contract farting about with new ROMs, constantly trying to find something that was stable, didn't hog the battery or look like it was designed by an *****. It culminated in the internal SD card failing, which meant the phone would randomly reboot and take all my apps and contacts with it, rendering it effectively useless for day to day use.

I wish you luck, but if you think the grass is greener in Samsung-land, I fear you may be in for a rude awakening.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can still complain about the icons, they're just icons. To each his own I guess. I'm loving the change and look forward to more in the coming years. Best of luck to you.

By the way, don't expect much change in whatever Samsung device you get after you get it. But, that seems to be what you're going for anyway.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Cool man. Good luck. I had a few affairs with Android but always come back to iOS in the end. The last one lasted a few days with the S4.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It just plain works, yet you do not like it ? I find it annoying that apps that just plain work on my iPad, crash often on my Android phone. What is it you're looking for exactly ?

FWIW, it actually isn't. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

Samsung in my opinion is better than htc. If the htc one was made of plastic no one care about that phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 4S to a samsung S3 and it lasted about 2 hours and I took it back and ordered the iPhone 5 it's not that I don't care for android I had android phones before it was more of what Samsung did to android and how cheap the phone felt good luck

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Kinda funny to see all of the people who liked iPhone leaving when iOS 7 is the only reason I'd ever consider using an iPhone as my daily driver. I hated the UI prior to this.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I had my doubts, and when I saw iOS 7 at WWDC, I thought my time for a switch to Android was about to arrive. I upgraded last week, and I have since forgotten all that. In fact, iOS7 cements my desire to stay in the Apple ecosystem.

It?s all so subjective.

All the best on your future platform. Many have left iOS and many have returned. You are always welcomed here.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So it seems like everyone gave johan a bit of whatever they felt in a civil way in a civil thread for once. Having said that, It is true joining to speak his mind and never seeing him again seems silly but it gave everyone a chance to say something civil and what makes them love iPhone..
We should let him be and go on his way and we said what we had to say and and had a chance to hear varying opinions. :)

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Everything is great except the icon colors. Which compared to the improvements in functionality and in the gui is nothing. You could also jailbreak it when available and make it look like whatever you want.

I can't wait for a jailbreak to come out it will make IOS even better. :)

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have seen some butchered grammar in my life, but this has to take the cake for me, at least in recent memory.

I say, goodbye, and good riddance!

It's the Internet, so I usually assume the person's from some other country and has English as a second language vs being semi-literate.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
^ plus 100!!!

I wont upgrade to IOS7 on my jailbroke 4s until a JB comes out for IOS7... which could be a while...

Yeah that what I was thinking to, they said they are working on JB but it could take a little while for it to be up and ready for the public and I will gladly wait and see, the one thing I want to do is get a app that speeds up the animation like I did on IOS 6 with the JB.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people find the need to go through the trouble to join a forum just to post one post like this, and then never look back. Oh well.

The OP has every right to post his opinion, but it is hard to see him as anything more than someone who wants to ruffle feathers when his first post is a good-bye message.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's individual preferences are different. IOS 7 has it's ups and downs but overall it's in to positive side.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
lol

OP had an iPhone since 2g but now it $ucks. That's funny

As good as the iPhone might have been back in the day it has improved hundred folds to present time. I don't think I could have owned a pre iPhone 4 phone it was in expiring unrefined compared to the present iOS 7

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2