iOS 7 Developer Build Beta 1 Will Expire July 24th

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Will Expire July 24th

Just don't complain when your favorite app doesn't work, certainly don't post bad app reviews to Facebook or the AppStore, don't complain when you get sucky battery life, your phone re-springs a lot, your phone is really hot to the touch etc. all of this is to be expected and probably more things I didn't list.

No complaints here. Everything is fine. Dev or not, those things will happen

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

What exactly do you mean by ios7 beta 1 will expire July 24th? Nobody else can sign up for it as a developer or that is the date they will release the next beta version?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I also downloaded iOS 7 and i am not a developer. I've been testing out betas since my first iphone 4 and iOS 5. For the most part I am extremely in love with the new software. There are a few bugs but that is to be expected with most betas. I really have no huge complaints and as well i shouldnt considering im not a developer and I wont be bringing nothing to the table. but i just wanted to share my experience as a consumer/unverified product tester that i am loving the new ios 7. it's very simple and the colors are miniminalistic. I love the new control center and airdrop. I also installed these betas on both my parents iphone 5 and my little brothers. warned them that it is beta as well and bugs are expected but my moms loving it. my dads not quite the techie so hes been having a challenging time using the new os screaming at his phone like it can respond back to him.

but definitely waiting for the next betas to come, and for the GM final release. also looking forward to the new siri.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

just curious as to what happens when beta 1 expires. does it become unusable or what?

Yep. It will no longer work. Your choices at that point are to restore to 6.1.3/4 (current version, depending on your device) or move to the next beta release. If you managed to short-circuit the process for beta 1 and not get your UDID registered, you only have the former option.

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Yep. It will no longer work. Your choices at that point are to restore to 6.1.3/4 (current version, depending on your device) or move to the next beta release. If you managed to short-circuit the process for beta 1 and not get your UDID registered, you only have the former option.

thanks....i just dont know if its worth it at that point cuz i am not dev and any pictures, texts etc will be lost if i downgrade correct?

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You want to test it for what reason? Are you developing an Application for iOS?

Paying a 100 as a developer is pocket change to what you will make once an app is release to iOS, heck even at .99

Just my thoughts. as a consumer, it's not worth to test as a daily driver...... Apple knows what they are doing. They don't need regular users trying it..

Because I'm a real techy kind of person. I like to mess around with technology and to test out iOS 7 would be nice. But I don't want it to mess my only device up.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

why do people feel so compelled to explain why they're running the beta

just do it.. SMDH

zackstrife

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I got a question for you guys, I got a iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it, I updated like the most of us, I downloaded the Beta 1 and installed through itunes (option key and chose the Beta 1), plus i didn't registrated the UDID.

I don't have any problems with it, only a few bugs, (I bought the iPhone through the Apple store, bought at full price and it's sim unlocked), My question is, when iOS 7 Beta 2 comes out, can I update my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it to Beta 2 without any problems?

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a question for you guys, I got a iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it, I updated like the most of us, I downloaded the Beta 1 and installed through itunes (option key and chose the Beta 1), plus i didn't registrated the UDID.

I don't have any problems with it, only a few bugs, (I bought the iPhone through the Apple store, bought at full price and it's sim unlocked), My question is, when iOS 7 Beta 2 comes out, can I update my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it to Beta 2 without any problems?

I'm not sure. They may fix whatever "bug" it is in iTunes that allows anyone to upgrade to iOS 7, but they may not. If you're running the beta without a registered UDID, I'd advise you to downgrade before July 24th.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it.. So what they are saying is that after that date everyone have to go back to ios6?

If Beta2 can not be installed by non-developers OTA or in the same manner Beta1 was installed - yes, you'll have to restore back to iOS6 before beta1 expires.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you didn't register your UDID and keep the iOS 7 beta until the fall. Are you still able to get the fully upgraded software for iOS 7?

you can't keep a beta release past its expiration date... if you restore back to iOS6 - you'll be able to upgrade once iOS7 is released.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

why do people feel so compelled to explain why they're running the beta

just do it.. SMDH

Because the "moral police" come after them on forums like these. If people want to risk jacking up their phone who cares? Does it affect you? No, so let them do their own thing with their own devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll