Government Alerts

tallist_1

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't get government alerts on my iphone 5 for T-Mobile. The toggles (weather and amber) are on but I'm just not getting the messages

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those alerts are not going to be seen every week - or every month for that matter... they are only used in the most serious of circumstances... like tornado/hurricane/blizzard warnings... and presidential messages in the event of civil emergency - and the Amber Alerts... those will be dependent upon the issuing agencies being fully trained on the use of the systems involved in generating the messages and being granted permission to use them. So if you're not getting them - chances are, there haven't been any issued in your area yet - or, in the case of Amber Alerts - no jurisdiction able to issue them have been cleared to use the system.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Some of mine and other colleagues devices get them, then some don't... All the same carrier, device, etc....

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually got to experience these for the first time last week when my area had a couple of Tornado warnings. If you ever get one, you had better hope you don't have your phone close to your ear (other than being on a phone call as they're muted if you are) because man, the sound that comes along with the WEA alerts is LOUD.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually got to experience these for the first time last week when my area had a couple of Tornado warnings. If you ever get one, you had better hope you don't have your phone close to your ear (other than being on a phone call as they're muted if you are) because man, the sound that comes along with the WEA alerts is LOUD.

AMEN to that..(laughing)...The first time I experienced the alert with my then-iPhone 4S, it scared the crap out of me. :)

tallist_1

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I understand that they will only be seen for something really major but there have been tornado watch warnings and I didn't receive an alert even though other people have been getting it on their phones. It's frustrating because something like that u wanna know for sure. T-Mobile has no clue why it's not happening

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2