Notification Delay / Error

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that my notifications are not working. If I receive an email / sms / imessage, my phone will light up and show the lock screen and I will receive a tone to indicate a new message. The message itself however is not showing on the lockscreen. The phone just lights up, dings, and nothing else happens. Yes notifications are turned on, Yes I have selected to show in the lock screen. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have noticed that my notifications are not working. If I receive an email / sms / imessage, my phone will light up and show the lock screen and I will receive a tone to indicate a new message. The message itself however is not showing on the lockscreen. The phone just lights up, dings, and nothing else happens. Yes notifications are turned on, Yes I have selected to show in the lock screen. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

At the risk of staring the obvious, have you tried turning your phone off then on.
That might work.

Good Luck

atldawg10

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a very similar issue. I do not see new iMessages in the notification panel or lock screen. When I receive a new iMessage, my phone does not light up or make a sound and the message is not displayed in the lock screen or notifications panel. When I unlock the phone, I will see a number of new messages on the Messages icon. I only sometimes get the banner at the top of the screen for new iMessages when my phone is unlocked, and when I do they are often seconds to minutes behind the number popping on the messages icon. If I open Messages before I receive a banner, the application freezes and crashes (every time).

I've very often unlocked my phone and found that I have several unread messages that I've missed. My notifications are set up correctly: show in notification panel, show in lock screen, banners.

Very annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2