iMessage issues over WiFi with iOS6?

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I just started having this issue on my Verizon iPhone 5 as soon as I got the network update this morning to 13.1. I can't send a picture through iMessage on Wi-Fi. I tried resetting my cable modem and hooking an external router, still having the same issue. I have hargray cable internet (local chain here).

cs_cabrone

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just started having this issue on my Verizon iPhone 5 as soon as I got the network update this morning to 13.1. I can't send a picture through iMessage on Wi-Fi. I tried resetting my cable modem and hooking an external router, still having the same issue. I have hargray cable internet (local chain here).

out of curiosity, what are your router/gateway settings?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
to confirm, a simple reset (not a factory reset, but a power off and back on) fixed the issues? Not the case here on my gateway ;-(

Aditionally, what would the best settings be for this unit and play nicely with the iphone?

It's currently set up WPA2-PSK (TKIP)

I don't think it's a security Setting I think it's blocking a port

cs_cabrone

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
now mine is not sending over 3g. Apple Care has escalated it but will not send a new device. Heading to the apple store to get it swapped out this weekend.

cs_cabrone

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
After contacting apple care and getting no results I decided to go to the Apple Store and have them replace my phone. After doing that and restoring from back up we were off and running, having issues over their WiFi right off the bat with MMS or iMessage.

I get home and it continues to not function proper and do as per instructed and put my Arris into bridge mode with a nice new Linksys router. Side Note: Another issue I was having with the Arris was it would not allow my 360 to connect, which now connects without issue. However, the issue with iMessage (which happens on my new 5, the original 5 i received, and my gfs 4s which took the update OTA) remains.

After giving up and a month going by I had accepted never being able to send pictures while @ home, my friend at apple came up with a solution. Boot into recovery while connected to the computer and let iTunes re install the OS and DO NOT restore from back up, set up the device as a new phone. Problem solved. He said it is a glitch in the OS that cannot be remedied with traditional means.

Long Story Short: issues over WiFi with iMessage, boot into recovery and let iTunes install iOS6.0, not OTA.

Last edited:

blargblarg123

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I just updated my iPod and tried messaging my boyfriend over iMessage and the exact same thing happened to me. I was just trying to read through and comment on a discussion in the Apple community threads and it rejected my Apple ID about 30 times before I completely freaked out. I hated Apple before all this nonsense, but now I'm just plain pissed. I updated today thinking, "How can my iPod get any worse?" Well, I just found out how. Before it rejected my ID I saw someone say that on their iPad, they had this issue and they just went into their wifi settings, clicked the blue arrow on their connected network, and then clicked "Renew lease" and then iMessage started working fine. It didn't work for me, but it might work for someone else.

update: went to school, iMessage worked perfectly fine and was faster than it's ever been on the school's network, and faster than it's been, ever, anywhere. i just got home, and it doesn't work again. convinced that my internet is total ? I think yes.

Last edited:

amitkapila

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am able to use imessage on my iPhone 4S. I works fine. iOS6.

On the iPad2 - It was working till Sept 2012 - but stopped, Probably at the time I upgraded to iOS 6.

The iPhone was also upgraded to iOS 6 and imessage continues to work. Same network, same wifi.

Any suggestions.. resolutions.

MLM754

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have that problem, using Comcast on my ipad. My txt go through fine. If I have pic they always fail. I also have clear on the go. I switch to it to resend.

sf_basilix

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. iPhone 5 with the latest 6.0.1 update. Since Verizon does not allow me to use voice and data at the same time, if I am on a call, and I am connected to wifi, it will not send through wifi. It will hang at about 90% and after the timeout value, it will revert it back to a standard text message. Unfortunately I cannot send pictures either since standard texting won't allow pictures if I'm on a call - only text.

kaytay4356

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for the same solution as you. I have the iPhone 5 and am solely relying on iMessage to keep in touch with my family in the US with their apple devices. My phone will send messages 90% and stop and about 3 minutes later will say message delivery failed. Although mine will work a few hours of trying to send messages or when my phone finally receives an iMessage (that is very delayed). I have also wiped my phone and updated my phone and nothing seems to help. I will let you know if I find any help on this issue :)

kirstyannmc

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My imessage is not working either.

I can't open it so i am getting the push notifications.

The only way i can read them is by swiping them on the lock screen and even then i can't reply.

I have tryed to reset my device but nothing works..

I need help.:heart

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi

My imessage is not working either.

I can't open it so i am getting the push notifications.

The only way i can read them is by swiping them on the lock screen and even then i can't reply.

I have tryed to reset my device but nothing works..

I need help.:heart

This sounds like you need to hook to iTunes and restore your phone

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

dadedama

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if this issue concerning sending photos on wifi was resolved. I can only send And receive when data is on. Nobody in tech seems to know the answer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2