Letter i not auto-capitalizing on iOS 6?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? It used to be that if i typed an i it would auto-correct to I; that isn't happening on iOS 6/iPhone 5. Just wondering if it's normal or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? It used to be that if i typed an i it would auto-correct to I; that isn't happening on iOS 6/iPhone 5. Just wondering if it's normal or not.

I have iOS 6 installed on my 4S and it still auto-capitalizes the i when typed individually.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Solved. I had a keyboard shortcut set so that "i@" completed to an info@ email address of mine. Once I changed it to use "info@" it the single i starting correcting again.

It's odd, though?it was a keyboard shortcut I used all the time on 5.1.1, and it was never an issue. Oh well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Solved. I had a keyboard shortcut set so that "i@" completed to an info@ email address of mine. Once I changed it to use "info@" it the single i starting correcting again.

It's odd, though?it was a keyboard shortcut I used all the time on 5.1.1, and it was never an issue. Oh well.

I'm glad you got it taken care of, my friend. :) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday...:D

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday and so far the only glitch I have noticed was this issue with the letter I. I still haven't found a solution on my end so if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
No i don't but what i just discovered was that if all i type is the letter i ex: I i I I I only the second i stays small. Even stranger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2