I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 yesterday and it seems as though the App store and iTunes icons are missing. Anyone one else have this? DId a hard reset still no icons. Gonna do a restore and see what happens.
    09-20-2012 08:22 PM
    Both are present and accounted for.
    09-20-2012 08:27 PM
    Funny thing as I started the restore It wants to update my iPad to iOS 6 which I already did OTA yesterday, So now its downloading 6 again via my Mac listing a 3 hour download time LOL.

Something funky must have happened in the OTA. I did my 4s OTA and no problems. Well just gonna chill and let it do it's thing.
    09-20-2012 08:34 PM
    3 hours? Ouch! Hopefully, the download time will sharply decrease for you. I updated via iTunes yesterday at around 1:20 p.m. and the download and installation was very quick. Anyway, if you're a college football fan, tune in to ESPN and watch Boise State take on BYU at 9:00 p.m. that should help pass the time while you wait.
    09-20-2012 08:38 PM
    3 hours? Ouch! Hopefully, the download time will sharply decrease for you. I updated via iTunes yesterday at around 1:20 p.m. and the download and installation was very quick. Anyway, if you're a college football fan, tune in to ESPN and watch Boise State take on BYU at 9:00 p.m. that should help pass the time while you wait.
    Yea the OTA for my iP2 yesterday was very quick about 30 min. 4s was about 40 OTA. I think the progress bar will jump up in the next hour or so.

Better yet Giants @ Panthers NFL Network which I can watch on the Pad via Direct TV till the download is done to the Mac.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-20-2012 08:44 PM
    Yea the OTA for my iP2 yesterday was very quick about 30 min. 4s was about 40 OTA. I think the progress bar will jump up in the next hour or so.

Better yet Giants @ Panthers NFL Network which I can watch on the Pad via Direct TV till the download is done to the Mac.
    Ah, you dawg! I hate you...lol...
    09-20-2012 08:49 PM
    Ah, you dawg! I hate you...lol...
    Then if the the download comes in before the game is over and I have to shut down the iPad. I'll switch to the 4s LOL
    09-20-2012 08:51 PM
    Then if the the download comes in before the game is over and I have to shut down the iPad. I'll switch to the 4s LOL
    You know...that's like rubbing salt in a fresh wound...you're killing me...
    09-20-2012 08:56 PM
    Restored iPad App icons came back. Got to refolder everything which sucks. But I aint mad
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-21-2012 12:42 AM
    Restored iPad App icons came back. Got to refolder everything which sucks. But I aint mad
    Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you and hopefully, you enjoy a good football while you waited. Anyway. Take care and have a great day.
    09-21-2012 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD