Var folder in itunes backup

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering where to find the var folder in an iTunes backup file. I managed to find how to get into a backup file but it does not give me a file structure like when I look at the iPhone itself. I lost a few files and need to get the out of the VAR folder in an old backup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
are you talking about locating the iTunes backup files on your computer?

no I have the backup file I need to look inside it and find the "var" folder that you would usually see on the iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty certain that's not how the backup works?it's not just a collection of files and folders, it's more like a code that will rebuild your entire system. Try searching for a "backup extractor" to decrypt your backup and that might give you access to folders and whatnot.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty certain that's not how the backup works?it's not just a collection of files and folders, it's more like a code that will rebuild your entire system. Try searching for a "backup extractor" to decrypt your backup and that might give you access to folders and whatnot.

I already tried that but it doez not give access to the folder directory. maybe it is not able to be done.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2