What does your iphone do that pisses you off?

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am getting mad that my 3G seems to drop a lot and my fiancées 4 works on the Internet better :(

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have another one.

When someone is calling me I either get a screen that says "accept" or "decline" and at other times I get a screen that only says "slide to answer" with no option to reject the call. So if I'm listening to music and someone calls and I don't want to answer I have to listen to the ringtone until the person is sent to voicemail before It can go back to the music or podcast I'm listening to. SO ANNOYING. Apple fix this!

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I have another one.

When someone is calling me I either get a screen that says "accept" or "decline" and at other times I get a screen that only says "slide to answer" with no option to reject the call. So if I'm listening to music and someone calls and I don't want to answer I have to listen to the ringtone until the person is sent to voicemail before It can go back to the music or podcast I'm listening to. SO ANNOYING. Apple fix this!

Tap the mute button once to silence the call, tap it twice to send it directly to voicemail. Problem solved.

Reactions: Keen

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Tap the mute button once to silence the call, tap it twice to send it directly to voicemail. Problem solved.

Thanked u too fast. Typing the button twice does not send the call to voicemail.
I had this call today of this person trying to call like 4 times back to back and I couldnt listen to my music while he was calling. So frustatin

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanked u too fast. Typing the button twice does not send the call to voicemail.
I had this call today of this person trying to call like 4 times back to back and I couldnt listen to my music while he was calling. So frustatin

Tapping the lock "mute" button twice does send the caller to voice mail. If it doesn't on your phone then you will need to take it to apple. Just because the caller kept calling back just means they didn't want to leave a message.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.962094,-84.382894
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

To clarify, he's talking about the power button. On a old flip phone, if you hit the red power button twice, they went to voicemail. Same concept. If someone calls, tap the power button once to mute the ringer and twice to send them to voicemail.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Itunes store should list games and apps separately. Games aren't apps. I dont care about games at all and they clutter the charts

So a game isn't an application that is executed when you run it? Yes, it is. So it's an app.

As for my complaint, mass option to mark as read, unread.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
lately iMessage has been picking and choosing when it wants to work-even when the message doesn't go through I still get the 'delivered' on my end. smfh. Ugh !! :rolleyes:

It doesn't happen a lot, but frustrating When it does!!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, when I wake up my phone and try to 'Slide to Unlock', it will only alllow me to go halfway and then the arrow jumps back to the left. I will have to hit the sleep/wake button again, and wake the phone back up to 'Slide to Unlock'. Am I the only one with this problem?

name taken

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It bothers me when I am typing a message and I want to go back to change something in the middle of a word, and I can't just tap where I want the cursor to go without is selecting the entire word. A minor thing but to me it is quite annoying.

Unless there is some way to do it that I have missed....which is entirely possible. ha

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It bothers me when I am typing a message and I want to go back to change something in the middle of a word, and I can't just tap where I want the cursor to go without is selecting the entire word. A minor thing but to me it is quite annoying.

Unless there is some way to do it that I have missed....which is entirely possible. ha

Idk if you've tried this, but if you hold your finger on the text, a magnifier pops up and you can move the curser where ever you need it.

Dunkin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
While I am in an app and double click the home button to see and close other running apps I should be able to see the app currently running and close it if I want to. Instead I have to minimize the app and double click home again and close it from there.

Folders should close after I select an app this should not be something I have to jailbreak to accomplish. Same goes for the phone app as well.

Adding custom ringtones/notifications is a PITA. This is something I should be able to accomplish on the phone itself.

I should not have to lombotomize a phone in order to get the battery to last.

Accessibility options are not "accessable" if you need more than 4 clicks to get to them.

There are more but a majority of them have been answerd in the previous pages.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
The mail app pisses me off all the time. On a thread with frequent replies, or graphs, the text is so small I have to zoom in and the pan back and forth to read the email. Dont understand why apple hasnt figured this out yet. Just make the text the same size regardless of what is in the body of the email. What really pisses me off is that sometimes it does reformat the text so you can read it, other times it doesnt.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Does not have phone call dialing by name like the Android phones have always had. Having to open and search the address book is an unnecessary waste of time and VERY ANNOYING

Use spotlight search. Swipe left at the home screen and start typing.

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
1) can't save mp3's out of email
2) Adding ringtones is a hassle
3) No sound profiles (ie mute everything but phone calls at night)
4) No Travel apps that write to the main calendar that can then sync back to Outlook/Exchange server (this one really surprised me since other mobile platforms have been doing it for years)
5) silly 'bubbles' for text messaging. Would like the option to have this in just lines instead of the cartoon bubbles
6) no toggles to easily turn on/off wifi/bluetooth/etc without digging into the settings. I realize you can get this with jailbreak, but my iphone is corporate issued and they shut off the Exchange sync if you jailbreak
7) Can't hide the Newstand icon anywhere - I want to dump it into a folder with stocks, weather, ibooks, and all the other built in crapware that I don't use.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the things I have found after 2 weeks with an iphone.

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Windows Phone to an iPhone 4 yesterday, but have had an iPod Touch 4th gen for a while. Something that absolutely drives me nuts is the browser address bar. It is so far behind Windows Phone's its ridiculous. My complaints are as follows: 1. Having a separate search and url section is just silly. Joint the modern browser era and switch to a unified bar that handles both. 2. You can't scroll back in the URL bar. For example you are on city.craigslist.org/search/mda=123595746.html and want to search for the same thing in a different city, say city2. In Windows Phone you simply swipe the URL and it scrolls to the beginning, select the text you want to change and done. In iOS, you have to select text then drag the text selector to the beginning then select the text you want to change (city.craigslist... to city2.craigslist...). It honestly takes me 2 to 3 times longer to edit a URL in iOS as it did in Windows Phone. To most, this may seem a minor complaint, but I do this on multiple sites and do it frequently throughout the day, so it has become a major pain.

Another is that the weather icon is always 73 and Sunny. In Windows Phone, using live tiles instead of icons (they are sort of an icon widget hybrid, or instead of putting a badge on an icon, it simply modifies the icon) the icon changes to reflect the actual weather. You don't have to open an app, swipe to a notification area, or anything. I kept the weather tile at the top of my homescreen so all I had to do was unlock my phone and bam, weather.

So far those are my two biggest complaints.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
My home button has become very unresponsive. Takes me many presses to get it to exit an app and getting a double press to enter the apps running bar is now impossible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77