What do you want to see in iOS 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHO_ONE#IM

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
What song is playing in notification center .. And some toggles for wifi VPN , Bluetooth etc would be sweet

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I aggree... I did like that on my freinds Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G the 2nd......... Love the name by the way.... I'd truly like a means of tapping the song and be taken right to the player... I'd like this option for pandora and other media much like Android does now...

On another note, the best feature to ever come would be to utilize Siri without touching your phone. A simple voice command to wake her... yes it would / may kill your batter, but no more than raise to speak (maybe a bit more) but make it an option....

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not talking a minor bug fix here, like iOS 5.0.x will likely be, or a decent upgrade like iOS 5.2 might be if it ships with a new iPad this spring -- just a minor update this January or whenever iOS 5.1 is let loose.

Apple hasn't even started a Beta yet, so who knows when that will be, and seeing how last x.1 releases have only introduced things like iTunes Wi-Fi store, Genius for Music, and Genius for Apps, I'm not getting my hopes up... but...

- Photo Stream deleting individual apps
- Option to disable the double-click camera lockscreen bypass
- Panoramic photos (if the code's still in there)
- Settings access for Siri (Bluetooth, off!)

... Would be nice.

What do you want to see?
Third-Party Notification Center Widgets
It might actually be a possibility, according to this

SingTreo

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was a Nokia User , followed bt Palm. Recently just started using the Iphone. There is one thing that I really hope to see in the update: Template messages for SMS. Currently I have to pretype many standard reply and information on the Note pad. Whenever someone me SMS me and I want to do a quick reply, I need to open the Note pad, copy follow by Paste. In my previous phone, I just need to click on reply, within the reply pop up, it has a templates feature,I would select the pre type message and sent. Very simple and easy. Though there is a paid 3rd party app that has such feature, but it still lack the simlplicity and it is not free.

Ktwblack

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Like a lot of people said facebook integration would be awesome especially for posting pictures straight from the camera roll. :) And maybe a way to see weather information from the lockscreen like in the notification center. Just a thought. Some more customization features, for sms, emails, and homescreens would be nice. (not getting my hopes up there lol) And how about choosing our own fonts. :p

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I was a Nokia User , followed bt Palm. Recently just started using the Iphone. There is one thing that I really hope to see in the update: Template messages for SMS. Currently I have to pretype many standard reply and information on the Note pad. Whenever someone me SMS me and I want to do a quick reply, I need to open the Note pad, copy follow by Paste. In my previous phone, I just need to click on reply, within the reply pop up, it has a templates feature,I would select the pre type message and sent. Very simple and easy. Though there is a paid 3rd party app that has such feature, but it still lack the simlplicity and it is not free.

If I think i know what you're takking about, then you can do this already in iOS 5 or something similar to it. Just navigate to settings > general > keyboard and then scroll down to shortcuts. Add your shortcut there and name it like "template" so then whenever you type it in, your quick message will show up.

KekszNET

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
To have a better MS Exchange email/calendar environment.

For example to have multiple alerts for calendar events until I accept or decline them.
Or to have the ability to change the fetch time to something else like the predefined ones.
To change and send custom text if you didn't accept a calendar request.

Ronf

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Video playlist like the music playlist. I store several short videos for study or instructional use, organzied by playlist. The playlist were accessable through the iPod (music app) previously. I05 remove this feature. The Current Movie app is useless to me without playlist. If some one knows an app to do this, please advise.

I seem to waste a lot of time closing apps completely. I would like an preference options to pick and choose which apps to close completely when I exit the app, so I don't have to do it manually all the time. If there is an app to do this please advise.

I hope these issues are fixed in the next version of the IOS

Thanks for hearing me out.

cclement

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.

3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices

I also totally agree!!

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
A new and customizable interface!

I'm so tired of these little grids of icons!!!!!!

After 4 years with iPhone I am seeing prettier and more advanced UIs on Android and WP7.

C'mon Apple...iOS is old and tired looking!!!

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A new and customizable interface!

I'm so tired of these little grids of icons!!!!!!

After 4 years with iPhone I am seeing prettier and more advanced UIs on Android and WP7.

C'mon Apple...iOS is old and tired looking!!!
It always bothers me when i am using landscape view and i return to the portrait home screen. It seems like if they can do it with the iPad, they should be able with the iPhone, yeah?

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Some things after my first week of iPhone/iOS5 (coming from BlackBerry):

- Dismissal of individual notifications (not the app group) in notification center
- Snooze for reminders and calendar entries (found a third party app that works well for reminders, but would be nice to use siri if desired)
- Ability to toggle whether the full text is displayed on the lock screen for messages, etc. Sometimes it's better to just be notified of a new message and not let anybody that picks up your phone be able to read a text/email that came through.
- Notification icons in the top status bar (like BlackBerry) that let you know there is a notification you haven't read yet.
- Sound profiles (as every former BlackBerry user can attest to).
- Better alarm options in the native clock app, such as ability to start at a low volume and get higher.
- Ability to see which contact group a contact belongs to while in the contact screen (or change which account it belongs to). Very useful when dealing with multiple groups.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There's an interesting trend going on here where I feel like a higher-than-usual % of new iPhone users are former BlackBerry users. This coincides with the recent failures of BlackBerry, and the fact that a lot of people got on 2-year contracts to get 9700's, which I feel like was the last solid device they made that wasn't GLARINGLY behind the times (though it was still not a full-featured smartphone).

So now what's happening is that the iPhone users are suggesting a lot of things that they could do on their BlackBerry as "fixes" for iOS 5.1. Which is not to say that they don't love their iPhone - I LOVE my 4s worlds beyond how I loved my BlackBerry. But there's just a list of things that my wife and I wish that the iPhone could do, or that Apple would LET you do:

- Sound Profiles (This one kills my wife. She wants to be able to kill some sounds, but not others. But all you can really do on iPhone is use the silent switch, which turns everything to off/vibrate. The plus side of this is that the mute switch is VERY convenient)

- iMessage doesn't work right (This is my biggest gripe. If you can't fix it so that messages are more reliable, at least give us a way to know that the message has been RECEIVED or VIEWED by the recipient. If the app can tell us when someone is typing, it should be able to tell us this)

- Bluetooth/Radio Switches on Home Screen (Really? We shouldn't need a jailbreak to do this. I feel like at least half of the people who complain about the 4s's battery life are people who don't manage their power usage correctly, but Apple makes it pretty inconvenient to turn off features you don't want to be using)

- Email: Mark Unread/Delete for ALL messages (Really, really? The number of unread emails in my badges hovers between 20 and 60 all day because there's no way I can keep up with junk mail across 2 email accounts. I understand that iOS 5 made it a new feature where you can "Edit" and check a bunch off, but they should've gone another step and allowed you to do all of them at once).

- One-touch empty App Task Bar/History list (Okay, so this isn't really relevant because people mistakenly believe that the app slider bar shows all the apps that are OPEN. It doesn't. It's more like an app history, as the OS automatically suspends apps after a short period of time, such that they use no data or battery. But for those of us who are OCD and still like to keep that slider empty, we shouldn't have to press the screen 40 times to close them all down. More of an annoyance than a real issue).

- SIRI. (I put this last because Siri needs major work. It's a wonderful idea, decent for marketing the phone, and occasionally it can be cute and useful. But the voice recognition is pretty bad and the only things I really WANT to use it for (namely, changing settings on the phone) apparently weren't even contemplated by Apple. Not going to happen in 5.1, but just putting that out there.)

Last edited:

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Lots of great suggestions!
Here are a few I have not seen here:
1) Ability to forward voice mail to email or MMS/iMessage
2) Live icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online