What do you want to see in iOS 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I second Sound Profiles! Now that they finally have different notification sounds for different events, time to bundle them in profiles for different situations. (Of course it would also be nice to have different vibration settings for each event, different settings for each mail account and third-party app, etc. like Blackberry has had for years, but I'll take being able to put the current settings in profiles for now.)

mp0890

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
iCloud files storage app. Much like iDisk.

And of course a desktop component to that, so we can just drop files in either platform, and have the files show up everywhere. And I don't really care if Apple does it or a 3rd party dev, but I need that feature BADLY.

YES. There is iCloud API so someone can do this, but it is needed. I want to use iCloud, not dropbox and iCloud.

This is kind of off topic, but I would also like to see a developer take advantage of the notification widgets and put a settings toggle widget in there.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ability of Siri to toggle some settings off/on, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Location Services.

This is my number 1 want.

Would be cool if Siri could search TV listings too. "Siri, what time does the Dallas Stars game start on Friday?"

crookone10

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i would like to see several things...

--notification icons in the status bar
--updated contacts app (redesigned UI and theres certain tons of features that could be added
--mail enhancements, I use email more than any other thing on my phone...features are definitely lacking and updated UI would would help the eyes
--panoramic photos would be great
--ability to add attachment from the mail application/compose window
--facetime over 3g

I know UI changes definitely wouldn't come in a .1 update but i just thought id mention...and I'm sure we can all go on for paragraphs but those would improve my experience

Also, are you guys aware that notifications can be swiped left to dismissed now?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is my wish list:
- more customization around notification reminders, particularly repeat reminders. It seems like text messaging is the only app that really offers this. But I think it is equally important for email/calendar/phone, etc.
- toggle switch for wifi
- ability to see contact's picts in text email and phone overview screens, as well as in the text conversation screen.
- synergy with facebook and linkedin
- notification LED actually working
- ability to silence all vibrating alerts when plugged in (sick of being woken up at night by a call/text or email.
- icon in the upper most status bar showing what type of notifications are pending in the drop down screen.
- fix bug on being able to manually customize order of notifications. Seems to never stick after I reorder.
- fix bug so that the recently added smart playlist actually presents on iphone as it shows in itunes on the comp. I like to see my recently added music from the top down.
- Ability to hide Newstand.
- Option in App Store to see most recently added of all categories.
- Option to wake lock screen when plugged in. This helps for all those people using as nightstand although there is a separate app.
- Ability to see and edit photostream/photo folders and music in icloud from any computer.
- Add a calendar view to photostream so you can view by date.

That's about it ... for now. But great update in IOS 5.

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
What song is playing in notification center .. And some toggles for wifi VPN , Bluetooth etc would be sweet

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I'd like to see some symbiotic relationship between notifications and the left swipe for multitask, like the ability to choose what is where and have 3G/Wifi/BT/volume/brightness controls and widgets on one or the other.

Also would like to see API for third party apps to use widgets.

djayme7

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
ability to swipe close banner notifications immediately, and seriously, why can't they show the date instead of a massive am/pm or ATT in the status bar! to often i have to leave apps that don't show it to recall the date!

jnmfox

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from webOS here is my wish list:

- I miss being able to swipe away notifications: You should be able to swipe away notifications on the lock screen and in the notification center. It is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Plus what if I want to leave one or more of the notifications? (I am aware you can left swipe the banner notifications.)
- Having the front "home button" blink when I receive new notifications. They would need to put a light under the home button in the next phone but for now they could have the LED slowly and dimly blink.
- A way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.

Last edited:

BaDOAN

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5.1

Able to delete or clear photostream on any device

*ABILITY TO SELECT WHICH PHOTOS TO STREAM

Siri turning Bluetooth on/off

Photos
Descending/Ascending order!!!!

Music*
Playlist bugs FIXED! Again. *(What is with apple and recurring small bugs?)

Notes
FOLDERS! To organize notes! (nothing fancy)

SMS BG custom

Tap screen away keyboard instead of swipe down*

iMessage*
Contact Photos on chat logs*(visually easier to see who's who)
Group chat options!*
-chat log title (instead of ex. John smith; Lisa smith ;..etc)
-chat log image
-individual group mute options*
-add or remove people from chats
-online status
(basically like WhatsApp)

Adding a message app icon in multitask bar or in notification menu like iPod controls / music app. *

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from webOS here is my wish list:

- I miss being able to swipe away notifications: You should be able to swipe away notifications on the lock screen and in the notification center. It is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Plus what if I want to leave one or more of the notifications? (I am aware you can left swipe the banner notifications.)
- Having the front "home button" blink when I receive new notifications. They would need to put a light under the home button in the next phone but for now they could have the LED slowly and dimly blink.
- A way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.

I miss swiping away notifications, also had a cool patch that let me delete emails from the notification. Also miss Cards in a way. What I don?t miss, the battery life; any iP4s user coming from a Pre Plus should be elated. I know I am

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Apart from many of the things mentioned above, he two things that I'd like to see (on my old iPhone 4) is:

- Location specific sound profiles. (I know sound profiles already mentioned, but to have them location specific would be great. Funny how the ringtone you pick at the weekend seems to embarrassing when you suddenly hearing it blaring out in the office on Monday morning...)

- Ability to subscribe to podcasts within the iPhone with automatic background download of latest updates.

- Oh, and wifi sync that works for me on Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 4.

That's my bit...

gimpbabe

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to have all my pics from iPhoto synced.

Nice to have, but no loss without - ability to select amount of vibes instead of the phone vibing with each ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77