Missing ringtones

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Im sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I looked through many pages and didnt see it posted.

For whatever reason my ringtones are not showing up in my phone. All I am seeing are the stock ringtones. When I click on the iPhone icon within itunes and select the ringtones folder, it shows them as being there but on the actual device they arent there! Anyone else have the same problem? Solution??

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
On itunes are you sure the ringtones have a 'check mark' in the box?

When you click your phone on itunes click Ringtones and make 'Sync Ringtones' is checked.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What is it showing next to the boxes? Like stated are they checked or do they have an exclamation point by them. If they have an exclamation point then iTunes can't find the ringtone. Maybe you deleted them off your desktop.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
On itunes are you sure the ringtones have a 'check mark' in the box?

When you click your phone on itunes click Ringtones and make 'Sync Ringtones' is checked.

I double check and made sure all the right boxes were checked. I unchecked the sync ringtones and rechecked it and even restarted my computer. I have no clue why they arent appearing on the device. Its strange because as I posted above, when I click on the iPhone ringtones folder on the left column WITHIN iTunes it shows them in there...

coryjeb

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Had this problem yesterday. This is what I did to fix it and get my ringtones back (all hooked up to the comp, not over wifi sync):

I had to uncheck "sync ringtones" and then manually resync the phone; It didn't appear that anything was removed from the phone as I watched the window at the top saying what the status was.

Then, I rechecked "sync ringtones" and then manually resync the phone. This time I saw the ringtones being transferred back to the phone. Once done, I checked and all was good again.

Not sure why this would have done that, but it was what I did to fix.

Hope this helps

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Had this problem yesterday. This is what I did to fix it and get my ringtones back (all hooked up to the comp, not over wifi sync):

I had to uncheck "sync ringtones" and then manually resync the phone; It didn't appear that anything was removed from the phone as I watched the window at the top saying what the status was.

Then, I rechecked "sync ringtones" and then manually resync the phone. This time I saw the ringtones being transferred back to the phone. Once done, I checked and all was good again.

Hope this helps

This is exactly what I did, and it fixed it. the only thing that was missing from mine were the ringtones I created.

Reactions: jnine1271

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
This is exactly what I did, and it fixed it. the only thing that was missing from mine were the ringtones I created.

Hope this helps

Thanks, ill try it when I get home

DaBoz

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Hope this helps

FYI I had to do this with ringtones AND music....

mkcrosby

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys! When I unchecked sync under Ringtones, I was then able to copy my ringtones into the iPhone 4s. I did not re-check sync under Ringtones because every time I did, it erased all of my Music, for some reason. I left it just as it was, and it worked fine.
I am a newbie to iPhones, and I must say, I LOVE mine!:)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Also just FYI, in previous versions of iTunes (I have no idea if it still does this is the latest version) if you checked "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" any M4r ringtones over that bitrate would not sync

monk555

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
sync to Itunes

I have downloaded new itunes (10.5). All I have when I connect my phone to computer is summary page, no other tabs. I have no way to manually sync any more. Does anyone else have this issue? I have lost all the ringtones that I created and have tried all the fixes mentioned, but with only a summary page, what to do. help.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I eventually gave up and repurchased them. I can't get my music, either, because it's on an external drive *somewhere safe.* No clue where that might be...Too bad the iputit app never worked well for me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2