iOS 13 mail bugs

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
On my end, the duplicate sent items appears to be the only mail bug that’s been squashed on 13.3. Notification previews are still funky, and sometimes tapping the lock screen notification doesn’t open the message...it just goes to the inbox, which freezes about 1/2 the time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 13.2.3 is out with the following change listed:

• Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts

I'd be interested to know if this fixes things for everyone. (I haven't had these issues myself, but I use the Outlook app most of the time for mail,)

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 13.2.3 is out with the following change listed:

• Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts

I'd be interested to know if this fixes things for everyone. (I haven't had these issues myself, but I use the Outlook app most of the time for mail,)

You would think if it were fixed in 13.2.3, we’d have already seen a fix for it in 13.3. As mentioned, it is not fixed in 12.3

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am on beta 13.3 and issues are not fixed.

You would think if it were fixed in 13.2.3, we’d have already seen a fix for it in 13.3. As mentioned, it is not fixed in 12.3

Right, that's not always the case. I seem to recall a time in the iOS 12 update cycle when a minor point update fixed a problem that was still in the beta for the next release, and it was the beta that came out that week that fixed the problem on the beta. (Maybe it was 12.1.4 that fixed the nasty surprise" FaceTime issue that wasn't fixed in the already released 12.2 beta?)

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I’ll wait for someone who experiences the issue, report they are sure it is fixed before I will think of rolling back.

I went to 13.3 in hopes of this being fixed. Hopefully we will see another beta release soon, with these changes, if they really aren’t in 13.3.

glj104

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I rolled back from 13.3 beta to 13.2.3 to see if it fixed the issue. I have seen some improvement since yesterday when I did the downgrade. I will need another day or two to give a full report.

Update for this morning. I have seen enough to see that it still has some, if not all of the same issues. Mail not showing up, not being notified. I have to go into the mail app and pull to refresh to get mail to appear. This is happening some of the time, not all of the time. But what is the point if you can't trust that mail is being pushed to your device without a manual refresh.

Last edited:

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
That “some time but not all the time” is what’s frustrating.

For me, there are times it works like it used to. I get a notification and go into the app and the email is there waiting for me.

Then there are times where I get a notification and open the app and nothing. No new email in the list and you can see at the bottom it is a checking and it may OR MAY NOT appear and the only way to get it to appear is to use the unread filter. When I turn that on I can see the new email. Once I turn that back off again, the new email will then be in the list.

I just don’t know how Apple cannot see these issues and not have addressed it already. It is a mess compared to iOS 12.

Last edited:

glj104

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I installed an app called Edison Mail. It works like the native app should. That is dumbfounding to me. I guess that is why apple will always be considered a hardware company.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
2 Yahoo, 2 Gmail, 2 Personal Outlook in the Native Mail App.

Yahoo and Gmail on Fetch every 15 minutes.

Outlook App installed running my work email.

No email issues at all. Had some through Beta leading up to iOS 13 release but none since off Beta

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I installed an app called Edison Mail. It works like the native app should. That is dumbfounding to me. I guess that is why apple will always be considered a hardware company.

The problem with these 3rd party apps is they really don’t take the Apple Watch seriously and their complications on the Apple Watch aren’t as good as the native mail app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The problem with these 3rd party apps is they really don’t take the Apple Watch seriously and their complications on the Apple Watch aren’t as good as the native mail app.

I don't use the native app or its complication on the watch, but have you tried Outlook as a mail app? It's decent on the watch IMO, though not sure what you'd need on the complication.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't use the native app or its complication on the watch, but have you tried Outlook as a mail app? It's decent on the watch IMO, though not sure what you'd need on the complication.

The easiest way to see the difference between any 3rd party mail app and the Apple mail app is when you receive a notification on the iPhone. Press your finger on the notification and let it open a window to see the email. Most 3rd party apps will only display a small portion, in pure plain text of the email, while the Apple mail will display the full email exactly how it looks in the app, with all its graphics.

This holds true on the Apple Watch too. 3rd party app notifications only show a small portion of text while the Apple mail notification will display the entire email, graphics included, when opened.

Being able to see all this info via the notification itself, saves me from having to go into the app itself many times, to be able to know more about the email.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Well the latest beta(3) did nothing to address the mail app issues.

Not sure why they continue to ignore the issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2