Has anyone tried CarPlay on this yet? Curious to see if you are able to use Google Maps or Waze.
    06-26-2018 07:45 PM
    Has anyone tried CarPlay on this yet? Curious to see if you are able to use Google Maps or Waze.
    The respective apps need to be updated to support the new CarPlay. Waze said it’s coming in the “coming months”
    06-26-2018 07:49 PM
    i did not have a lot apps i am using on my iphone. app store i noticed unavailable sometimes. GPS did see any problems. battery drops down fast but it could be i try different things so use my iphone more.
    06-26-2018 07:55 PM
    so am I missing something ? I checked forums with search. my photos show up under all photos kinda mix matched together but they don't show under the albums ?
    They should. Are they not arranged the same as in the below photo?

iOS 12 Public Beta 1-img_0082.jpg
    06-26-2018 08:10 PM
    They should. Are they not arranged the same as in the below photo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	123389
    Under All Photos they are there. But when I press Albums, nothing is there. And if I go back main photos page I can search for photo album. Its there as search result. I gave up and only thing I could figure out do as work around is make ANOTHER like copy of the photo album so now there is two of each one. I dunno whats going on I was hoping someone else had same issue. To recap under All Photos they are there mixed in together. Under Albums it was empty.
    06-26-2018 08:35 PM
    Under All Photos they are there. But when I press Albums, nothing is there. And if I go back main photos page I can search for photo album. Its there as search result. I gave up and only thing I could figure out do as work around is make ANOTHER like copy of the photo album so now there is two of each one. I dunno whats going on I was hoping someone else had same issue. To recap under All Photos they are there mixed in together. Under Albums it was empty.
    Are you saying it shows album titles, but they're empty? Or nothing at all?
    06-26-2018 08:47 PM
    I downloaded OS12 last night but got an error message saying it couldn’t be loaded. It gave me the options of try again or remind me later. Try again didn’t do anything and gave me the same two options again. Anyone else have trouble installing? And any advice on how to get past this?
    06-26-2018 11:45 PM
    Installed fine on my 5th gen iPad. No issues. iMessage told me I was using a different address than signed up with and I found I just had to set it back to my phone number from email. I turned it off and on for good measure too. Only annoyance so far was it stuffing new apps in the middle of my nice clean layout and having to move them. Now I'm thinking of doing it on my iPhone X as well. I put the beta profile on it but haven't told it to download the update yet
    06-27-2018 03:40 AM
    Are you saying it shows album titles, but they're empty? Or nothing at all?
    Under the albums it shows nothing there is no folders nothing it is completely empty. I for heck of it, completely restored my phone i had nothing important that wasn’t on iTunes backed up. I did fresh installed of his 11.4 then I re downloaded the 12.0 beta before anything else. When I had 11.4 all my photo albums were there. Then when I installed 12.0 I looked under photo albums there was nothing there. No folders or Anything.
    06-27-2018 11:36 AM
    I decided to install on my 7, and at this point really no issues. Even though it is the 1st beta, this is less buggy than the official release of 11.0, granted that is not saying much. My phone is used for communications - talk, text, email so I have very few apps on it at this time. I would assume that because of this it is limiting other bugs.

Only issue I have seen is Car Play, but it is the same issues that I had with 11.3 and 11.4 but I will give feedback to Apple on that.

Overall this is night and day different than 11!
    06-27-2018 11:42 AM
    Under the albums it shows nothing there is no folders nothing it is completely empty. I for heck of it, completely restored my phone i had nothing important that wasn’t on iTunes backed up. I did fresh installed of his 11.4 then I re downloaded the 12.0 beta before anything else. When I had 11.4 all my photo albums were there. Then when I installed 12.0 I looked under photo albums there was nothing there. No folders or Anything.
    No albums at all? Not even those Apple puts on there. The default albums? Or just those you created or that apps created?
    06-27-2018 11:43 AM
    No albums at all? Not even those Apple puts on there. The default albums? Or just those you created or that apps created?
    The default ones by Apple yes sorry but they are empty albums since I restored. Nothing else. But if I go back to main photos page where you can search for photos I type in my nieces name, that photo album shows up with all pictures there. So it shows up when I search but not visible under the albums.
    06-27-2018 12:17 PM
    Only issue I have seen is Car Play, but it is the same issues that I had with 11.3 and 11.4 but I will give feedback to Apple on that.
    What issue? My CarPlay is working flawlessly with the exception of volume. But I’ve always had that issue.
    06-27-2018 12:27 PM
    Caved this morning and installing it on my iPhone X now. Definitely noticed the performance boost on my iPad last night for sure. Just opening apps felt snappier (sometimes there's just a bit of lag in animations or whatever and that seemed gone).
    06-27-2018 01:03 PM
    Annnnnnd I'm now impressed. I didn't think an iPhone X could feel any faster/smoother. Apparently I was wrong. Also yeah the not have to tap and hold to swipe off apps now on an X is a nice change. Though, I may have to submit some feedback on it. Seems a bit sensitive either swiping them off or switching to an app when I'm just trying to scroll through them.
    06-27-2018 01:31 PM
    I installed the beta on my iPhone 7 last night and haven't found any issues as of yet. I've been using it pretty heavily since then, which has resulted in faster battery drain. BUT that's due to me, not iOS. So far, I've been impressed with the new "Measure" app as well as the updates to Compass, Calendar, and Photos apps. I'm fairly easy to please, I guess. All of my other third-party apps have been running just fine.

Unlike some folks, my Bank apps have all worked fine and I haven't noticed any issues with GPS - although I haven't given Maps/Wave/Google Maps a good workout yet (that'll be this weekend).
    06-27-2018 01:44 PM
    I installed on my iPhone 8 last night and it is great thus far! Only one app didn't work (Untappd, but the company found the bug quickly and has set me up with a beta of the new release), no apparent GPS issues, and CarPlay is fine. The only CarPlay issue I have is when I back up the music stops. After plugging the phone back in, everything returns. Good job Apple!
    06-27-2018 01:56 PM
    How do I use split screen in iOS 12 on an iPad mini 4? It's not working.
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-27-2018 02:32 PM
    Is anyone in the public beta having GPS issues? I’m on the dev preview and my GPS will not lock. Just seeing if it’s on the Public as well
    06-27-2018 04:19 PM
    Every now and again it will completely disconnect, I then have to unplug the light cable from the phone and reconnect it. Also Podcasts will just stop playing and freeze. But I have had this issue from time to time on 11 too, so it could more be an issue with the deck too. Minor overall, so I don't try to make a big deal of it.
    06-27-2018 04:22 PM
    Is anyone in the public beta having GPS issues? I’m on the dev preview and my GPS will not lock. Just seeing if it’s on the Public as well
    Someone on the dev thread said to make sure WiFi is toggled on even if you don’t use. Mine is always toggled on and I have not had any problems.
    06-27-2018 04:38 PM
    Just noticed some UI changes on my iPad. Now Control Center/Notifications works like the iPhone X swipe down from the top right for control center and the rest for notifications. Swipe up will act like my X and take me to the home screen or whatever folder I was in. Found it by accident trying to pop up the dock and swiped instead of swipe/hold. Maybe more indication the next iPad's are getting FaceID and the home button is becoming more of an unlock/authentication thing than a navigation tool? You can even do the swipe/hold motion to get the app switcher to come up!
    06-27-2018 04:42 PM
    Just noticed some UI changes on my iPad. Now Control Center/Notifications works like the iPhone X swipe down from the top right for control center and the rest for notifications. Swipe up will act like my X and take me to the home screen or whatever folder I was in. Found it by accident trying to pop up the dock and swiped instead of swipe/hold. Maybe more indication the next iPad's are getting FaceID and the home button is becoming more of an unlock/authentication thing than a navigation tool? You can even do the swipe/hold motion to get the app switcher to come up!
    Same behavior for me too. Didn't realize until your post because I'm familiar with the function on my X.
    06-27-2018 05:14 PM
    Same behavior for me too. Didn't realize until your post because I'm familiar with the function on my X.
    I see a post from a couple weeks ago now from I think Garz talking about noticing it on the Dev beta. I'm just happy no more forgetting I can't swipe like on my X cause now I can. I love the gestures so this really makes me happy. I have to agree with others this feels really polished already in my limited time with it. Although I've never run an iOS beta before so I have no frame of reference. The closest thing I have to this whole experience is when I was on Android and loading all kinds of customs OS builds and stuff. This kinda brought back some of that excitement with making backups in case something goes wrong and knowing you have to put the device in recovery mode to fix it, getting to try new stuff first, etc.
    06-27-2018 05:43 PM
    How do I use split screen in iOS 12 on an iPad mini 4? It's not working.
    dont believe this is an option. I think only split screen on the "Pro" versions...
    06-27-2018 06:05 PM
160 12345 ...