Screen recording with no sound

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Phone sounds or your voice? It should by default, pick up the phone's sounds. If you want your screen recording to record your voice, simply perform a long press or 3D Touch on the control tile to open its very own control window, then tap on the mic icon on the bottom to toggle audio on or off before you start recording. You can also tap "Start Recording" from this window to start recording, too.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
No I’m having issues recording the phones sound. Sometimes it’ll work and other times it will not pick up the sound

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No I’m having issues recording the phones sound. Sometimes it’ll work and other times it will not pick up the sound

Ok. I don't know. I'm not on iOS 11 and don't have that recorder. Hopefully, it straightens itself out in an update. I use one I got as an interprise app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there is a problem in your current app. You could try another way to screen record your iPhone screen by using AceThinker iPhone Screen Recorder. This is a useful tool to record both your screen activity and the audio from your iPhone. This tool supports running iOS7 to iOS11. I love this and I am currently using this on my iPhone reviews on Youtube. I hope this will a big help in your screen recording. Thanks!

$29.99? I'll keep my VizoRec.

uptergroveGreg

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm experiencing something similar - and wondering if this is what's happening to you. I can use the screen recording feature, and it does record my voice (using it to do a demo on a feature of an app). When done, it puts a copy of the video in Photos. I go to Photos - and play it - video + audio all work fine. Great! HOWEVER .. if I do ANY editing at all, suddenly I've "lost" the audio. If I airdrop it to my Mac and play it, suddenly I have no audio. It seems to be gone!

HOWEVER .. it's not ACTUALLY gone ... what's happened is that there are TWO audio tracks. Track 1 - the default - is empty - blank - dead air - and THIS is what is played by default in any app (except it seems Photos when dealing with the original version of the file). Track 2 DOES have the recording of the voiceover made during the recording.

SO ... for example .. if you play the MP4 in the VLC app on the Mac, and choose Audio track 2 - fine.

HOWEVER ... What I want is to be able to either NOT save the blank Track 1, or have an easy way to erase Track 1, or point the default to Track 2 permanently. It is CRAZY that this seems to be working this way.

Anyone know a fix to this? Definitely a huge bug with what should be a great feature!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77