Facebook calendar integration iOS 11

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Trying to figure out how to get my Facebook events into my iOS 11 calendar without manually typing them in. I've gone to Settings>Facebook on my iPhone and there is no option to allow Facebook to access my calendar. Am I missing something or is this the new way things work?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple removed direct Facebook and Twitter integration on iOS 11, so you're not missing anything.

If you have a Mac (or probably PC), it's not that hard to subscribe to events. Open https://www.facebook.com/events/ (logged in to your FB account of course). On the right sidebar, scrolling down a bit, is a box that says, "You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar. Once you add them, they'll stay updated". Click one or both of the links below (Upcoming events, Birthdays) and it should either open your Calendar app or at least give you a link that you can subscribe to in your desktop Calendar app.

I think that you can do the same thing on the phone with Safari, but long-press the refresh control in the address bar to expose the "request desktop site" to see the full Facebook.com/events page. The links should then be there (pretty small, but you can pinch to zoom.)

See if that works... (I don't use FB events myself, so I can't tell.)

mlweber

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Click one or both of the links below (Upcoming events, Birthdays) and it should either open your Calendar app or at least give you a link that you can subscribe to in your desktop Calendar app.

Worked for me... from my Mac, I was able to add my Facebook Events as "subscribed calendar" and it's part of the iCloud settings so it synced to the iPhone and iPad. Updates fast and reliably.

Oddly, the Facebook integration option that was set-up on my Mac still exists but it wasn't creating/removing events from my calendar. I went ahead and removed it. Maybe it had been broke for a while and the iPhone was actually updating the calendar without me realizing it? Dunno. However, while I removed the stale calendar from my Mac, I can't figure out how to get rid of it from the iPhone/iPad. In addition to the working subscription (which is grouped with the iCloud calendars) I still have the legacy Facebook Calendar and can find no way to remove it (other than to just hide it.)

cynhold

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
When I choose “upcoming events” it automatically wants to add to Outlook. I need it to add to my gmail. Is there a way to choose which calendar it adds to??