Ok now that I'm off call I may seriously think about installing the beta tonight. I can't imagine that it's that hard right? I've rooted/Rommed android phones. Dual booted windows/Linux in the past. Should be easier than those I would think?
    djg21 likes this.
    07-20-2017 07:44 AM
    Ok now that I'm off call I may seriously think about installing the beta tonight. I can't imagine that it's that hard right? I've rooted/Rommed android phones. Dual booted windows/Linux in the past. Should be easier than those I would think?
    I've done a few Apple betas. Very easy. Sign up for the beta, install the beta profile from the website on your device, reboot, and the beta starts downloading.

The trickier part is if you want to go back to the stable release. That takes more steps.

Also, don't forget to make an encrypted backup on your PC before starting, just in case you want to roll back.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    07-20-2017 08:24 AM
    I've done a few Apple betas. Very easy. Sign up for the beta, install the beta profile from the website on your device, reboot, and the beta starts downloading.

The trickier part is if you want to go back to the stable release. That takes more steps.

Also, don't forget to make an encrypted backup on your PC before starting, just in case you want to roll back.

Thank you I will definitely look into it tonight.
    07-20-2017 08:25 AM
    Also, I've always stuck with the public betas, myself. No cost, unlike the developer program, and usually a *touch* more stable.

07-20-2017 08:48 AM
    Also, I've always stuck with the public betas, myself. No cost, unlike the developer program, and usually a *touch* more stable.

That would be perception. The public and developer builds are the exact same build number. In this case it’s developer beta 3 and public beta 2 for iOS 11, but they are the exact same build.
    robertk328 likes this.
    07-20-2017 09:27 AM
    So I had an interesting development these past few days. My Apple watch on watchOS 4 suddenly has really good stable battery life, and my 7 Plus now has terrible battery life and needs to be charged before the end of the work day.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-20-2017 09:29 AM

Woke up this morning and my App Store finally has the correct date. Yay
    07-20-2017 09:49 AM
    So I had an interesting development these past few days. My Apple watch on watchOS 4 suddenly has really good stable battery life, and my 7 Plus now has terrible battery life and needs to be charged before the end of the work day.
    The only battery drainage I had was with my Watch after initially installing the latest watchOS beta, but a reboot took care of it. Battery life with my iPhone has been great.
    07-20-2017 10:29 AM
    Anybody having issues with your wireless connections disable auto connect repeatedly?
    Yes! I’m on PB 2 and my iPhone disconnects from my 2017 TOYOTA Prius. It’s annoying when you are driving and talking or listening to music because it’s a distraction. It’ll connect by itself but it’ll do that for the entire ride. I don’t connect my Toyota anymore until it’s fixed. Thank Apple for AirPods
    07-20-2017 05:29 PM
    Yes! I’m on PB 2 and my iPhone disconnects from my 2017 TOYOTA Prius. It’s annoying when you are driving and talking or listening to music because it’s a distraction. It’ll connect by itself but it’ll do that for the entire ride. I don’t connect my Toyota anymore until it’s fixed. Thank Apple for AirPods
    Have the same problem in my 2014 Tacoma equipped with a premium Entune system. I’ll make a call using Hey Siri (via BT and Handsfree) and the phone disconnects from BT as the call is connecting. I sometimes have to manually change output from my phone back to the car audio system. I also use Waze and V1Driver (which connects to my Valentine One radar detector) on my iPhone. They use HFP to connect to and broadcast alerts on my audio system via BT, and they don’t disconnect.

Entune is complete garbage.
    07-20-2017 09:05 PM
    Have the same problem in my 2014 Tacoma equipped with a premium Entune system. I’ll make a call using Hey Siri (via BT and Handsfree) and the phone disconnects from BT as the call is connecting. I sometimes have to manually change output from my phone back to the car audio system. I also use Waze and V1Driver (which connects to my Valentine One radar detector) on my iPhone. They use HFP to connect to and broadcast alerts on my audio system via BT, and they don’t disconnect.

Entune is complete garbage.
    I use to not have issues before. I reported it via feedback app. Hopefully they find the blue stack issue and fix it.
    djg21 likes this.
    07-21-2017 01:45 AM
    No, but I've been having app freezes/resprings fairly often lately. Might have to reset settings if we don't get an update today/tomorrow.
    I had the same issue for about a day and a half, even after resetting my settings. I was going to do a clean install but it started working fine. Idk what the issue is but because I have the beta on my 6s Plus & my 7 Plus is on the public release, the issues don't really bother me too much. I hope you got the issues worked out with a reset.
    07-22-2017 05:22 PM
    I had the same issue for about a day and a half, even after resetting my settings. I was going to do a clean install but it started working fine. Idk what the issue is but because I have the beta on my 6s Plus & my 7 Plus is on the public release, the issues don't really bother me too much. I hope you got the issues worked out with a reset.
    I’m hoping for an update this week that fixes all this otherwise I’m rolling back.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-22-2017 05:23 PM
    I’m hoping for an update this week that fixes all this otherwise I’m rolling back.
    iOS 11 Dev beta 3 works better for me than for @Just_Me_D.
    I’m a happy camper. Y’all don’t know how to use your iPhones.
    /troll

Yes.. It’d be good if there was an update. My iPhone has been on rotation lock ever since I realized rotating would cause freezes.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-23-2017 02:17 AM
    /troll

Yes.. It’d be good if there was an update. My iPhone has been on rotation lock ever since I realized rotating would cause freezes.
    I typically keep my iPhone in portrait mode whereas my iPad Pro mostly stays in landscape mode. Still, I’ve yet to experience the rotation freeze you mentioned.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-23-2017 08:29 AM
    /troll

Strange, I'm on the same beta with an iPhone 7, and have had no freezes with rotation so far. No real glitches at all, but then my use of the phone is pretty basic--email, Safari, a few streaming apps.
    07-23-2017 05:34 PM
    Strange, I'm on the same beta with an iPhone 7, and have had no freezes with rotation so far. No real glitches at all, but then my use of the phone is pretty basic--email, Safari, a few streaming apps.
    Yeah, betas are different for everybody. No any device is behaving the same on betas. However, I will do a clean install when it’s officially released.
    07-23-2017 05:35 PM
    Beta 4 is out...

iOS 11 Developer Beta 4 available

/ios-11/391658-ios-11-dev-beta-4-a.html
    07-24-2017 12:56 PM
193 ... 678