locked down interface

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
the home screen cant me customized, that is, only icons apps are allowed to have
is smb willing to change that? sometimes i just want to have some lovely picture displayed there... but i cant :(

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
the home screen cant me customized, that is, only icons apps are allowed to have
is smb willing to change that? sometimes i just want to have some lovely picture displayed there... but i cant :(

That is IOS. Unless you jailbreak, you are always going to be limited to having icons on top of the background image.

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Especially now that you can put 15 or so in the dock, heck make 3-4 of those folders and you might get away with 1 home screen and no icons on it!

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, that´s one of the disadvantages over Android.

Cheers

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Coming from Android, I also wish that iOS would allow some customization. Even the ability of being able to move around icons. Once again Apple could learn a few things from Android.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't understand the reluctance to allow placement of icons wherever we want. It's such a simple and basic thing but it would be nice to be able to do. In android I create rows of icons like media, games etc. In ios things are always all jumbled up.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Uhhh .... after 10 years this whole iOS customization argument is so played out, it really is time to just move on. *spoiler alert* Apple isn't going to change this ...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that´s one of the disadvantages over Android.

Cheers

Coming from Android, I also wish that iOS would allow some customization. Even the ability of being able to move around icons. Once again Apple could learn a few things from Android.

Yeah, I don't understand the reluctance to allow placement of icons wherever we want. It's such a simple and basic thing but it would be nice to be able to do. In android I create rows of icons like media, games etc. In ios things are always all jumbled up.

In my opinion, it’s an identity thing. I don’t think Apple wants to allow the same level of customization as Android and risk losing the iPhone’s identity. Besides, millions of people continue to move over to iOS while knowing the lack of customization so why would they change from they’re already doing?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, it’s an identity thing. I don’t think Apple wants to allow the same level of customization as Android and risk losing the iPhone’s identity. Besides, millions of people continue to move over to iOS while knowing the lack of customization so why would they change from they’re already doing?

Exactly this. I totally agree with this post...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2