Apps Using Location Banner???

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Every time an app is using my location, this banner pops up and I have no idea how to make it go away. Extremely annoying.....

dd36a00fb460a06d94e1f4214e61c3fb.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It goes to the app using your location, but doesn’t go away...

Does it happen with all apps using location or just 1 or a few?
I've never seen that blue banner strip. I have been alerted by my phone that an app is using location in the background. But it's not that blue banner.
Check in settlngs > Privacy > location services. Set any app you don't need location for to "never". Most others you want location for, set to "when using the app". The only apps I have set to "always" are weather apps.
The only time I've seen that blue banner is with maps.

Last edited:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen with all apps using location or just 1 or a few?
I've never seen that blue banner strip. I have been alerted by my phone that an app is using location in the background. But it's not that blue banner.
Check in settlngs > Privacy > location services. Set any app you don't need location for to "never". Most others you want location for, set to "when using the app". The only apps I have set to "always" are weather apps.
The only time I've seen that blue banner is with maps.

It happens with all apps. If I have a few running, it will say “3 apps are using your location” or something of the sort. And when I tap, it sends me to the first

In iOS 10, it only appeared when I was using maps and it would bring me back into the map.

I honestly don’t mind when certain apps are using locations since I get notifications when I arrive somewhere etc. I would just like to turn off the blue banner haha

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It happens with all apps. If I have a few running, it will say “3 apps are using your location” or something of the sort. And when I tap, it sends me to the first

In iOS 10, it only appeared when I was using maps and it would bring me back into the map.

I honestly don’t mind when certain apps are using locations since I get notifications when I arrive somewhere etc. I would just like to turn off the blue banner haha

I have no idea. Maybe someone else who knows will chime in. If not, I would contact Apple Support.

Apple Support Number:
(800) 275-2273

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Every time an app is using my location, this banner pops up and I have no idea how to make it go away. Extremely annoying.....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170606/dd36a00fb460a06d94e1f4214e61c3fb.png

Most of my apps, safe from navigation apps are set to While Using in Settings > Privacy. I only see that blue bar when I’m using navigation.

Besides, the While Using setting is better for you battery.

I’m using Swarm also and it works just great with While Using. I don’t have the need to have people know in what neighborhood I am anyway.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I changed the locations from always to while using app and I no longer get the banner

Yes, that's a security feature that has been in iOS for a while now. I mostly had it with Google maps when using my location and switching to another app. It let me know that the other app was still using my location, so I could choose to disable or not.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to turn the blue notification bar off. The best you can do is set location services apps to "while using the app", rather than "always". You'll still get notifications.

That’s what I ended up doing. All seems to be working properly now!

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is set to while using and I still get the blue bar all of the time. Will try to change the setting and then change it back to see if that helps mine.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'm seeing this more now with 11 as well. I had some apps that I had set to "always" and didn't have that bar before (like Tile) and now they're showing up. I know they were there for actively used apps, like if I multitask to messages out of Maps to check an address, but I didn't even touch the Tile app when it came up.

Apps like Dark Sky and Storm that I have set to Always (like Tile) haven't shown up yet which is good because I need them on all the time so I can get the rain/lightning alerts.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I'm seeing this more now with 11 as well. I had some apps that I had set to "always" and didn't have that bar before (like Tile) and now they're showing up. I know they were there for actively used apps, like if I multitask to messages out of Maps to check an address, but I didn't even touch the Tile app when it came up.

Apps like Dark Sky and Storm that I have set to Always (like Tile) haven't shown up yet which is good because I need them on all the time so I can get the rain/lightning alerts.

Could be that Apple aims at privacy with the banner now showing up, letting us know that our location is being shared.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711