Learning iWorks

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have been using iPad for my Office Use. I felt iWorks is really doing a great job for me which is much better and easier to use compared with all other office suites

I am finding Numbers for Mac and Numbers for iPad are not having same features. For instance I am not able to find Filter Menu in Numbers for iPad but it’s available in Numbers for Mac

I am finding it’s easier to organise the files by using File Managers. However the main issue, it gives error messages when I am trying to open saved files - “You do not have permission”. I do not know how to resolve it

Yours
VN

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have been using iPad for my Office Use. I felt iWorks is really doing a great job for me which is much better and easier to use compared with all other office suites

I am finding Numbers for Mac and Numbers for iPad are not having same features. For instance I am not able to find Filter Menu in Numbers for iPad but it’s available in Numbers for Mac
"You can’t add or edit filtering criteria on your iOS device."

Source:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH23862?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

I am finding it’s easier to organise the files by using File Managers. However the main issue, it gives error messages when I am trying to open saved files - “You do not have permission”. I do not know how to resolve it

Yours
VN
Are you logged in as an administrator or the actual person who created the file?

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I am not much aware of it

The files consist of created in iPad, Transferred to computer (MacBook) and re-saved in iPad and also those created by me in MacBook and transferred here and those I received in eMails

It is opened in MS Excel and the issue is I have to save one more copy inside the app - though it opens from Readdle Documents 5.

Only Numbers I am not able to open

Yours
VN

Question: Are you logged in as an administrator or the actual person who created the file?

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I am finding that Google Sheets on Android & WPS Office on Android are all having Pivot Table Features.
However when it comes to iOS this feature is disabled

Similarly I could not understand why Categorise Function is removed from Numbers.
I need to find a free solution which helps me to sub-total/categorise and create and edit Pivot Tables

Please help

Yours
VN

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2