Ios10 Stickers and Gifs chargeable?

bigsmoke79

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Quick question my other half has just downloaded IOS10 and was trying out the new Gifs and Stickers stuff and then worried would her network be charging for Gifs as they are like sending a picture message via MMS?

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Oh i have never thought like that before you said. But i don't think like that. iMessage is free service by Apple. I don't think there will be a problem

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I meant to ask is there a way to get more

Yes, stickers and other animations / gifs / games for iMessage, etc.., see below.. you MUST have a real name in the message field, even if your own to get to the store from iMessage. Not sure why, but seems to be the case.

app-store-stickers.jpg

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick question my other half has just downloaded IOS10 and was trying out the new Gifs and Stickers stuff and then worried would her network be charging for Gifs as they are like sending a picture message via MMS?
As long as it's actually using iMessage (blue bubbles when messaging) then it's just very small amounts of data. No SMS/MMS usage.

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
As long as it's actually using iMessage (blue bubbles when messaging) then it's just very small amounts of data. No SMS/MMS usage.

Exactly this. I'm based in the U.K., and tested this to be sure so I can advise users. Basically iMessage stickers are free to other iMessage users, but if you send to Android devices, or any non-iOS device, you *will* be charged your standard MMS charge.

I sent to my own Android device, that showed as an MMS on my bill, as did a sticker I sent to a colleague's Nexus. But all iMessages have been free as usual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2