Rotation bug

jayfea

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Happens almost daily. There is an associated bug that I'm experiencing also which is that even when the orientation of the screen is correct the keyboard pops out from the side or some other place . And yes this is a new bug.

This is been the worst update.

Only fixed by a reboot

Arrrrrrrgh!

Last edited:

michael0207

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm having same issue too for iphone 5 and iphone 6. Initial I though is my handphone problem, format / reset it. still the same

rshormes ----- other rotation can except camera side face down, it cannot rotate. try check .

renge0615

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
just got my iphone 7. the auto rotate was fine, then I'm trying to install the facebook app and a message appeared that I need to update my IOS before installing the app. So I had no choice but to update the ios to 10.1.1. After the update, the auto rotate was failing and until now I tried every possible way like what others suggested but still auto rotate won't work. I have to rotate it manually, specially on landscape camera. I hope they will release new update to fix this bug.

JetsetTX

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Worked for me too but a pain in the butt to do. This shouldn't be happening! Fortunately it only happens on the iPad for me

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me too.. the more code Apple add.. the more bugs... since iOS 7 I have found the user experience to get worse and worse and worse, despite the added functionality. Fact, it is precisely the added from Tanala tea with his messing it up. Teknology is advancing faster than the actual user wants to relearn all the time
I just bought an iPhone 7 Plus and realize that, because of force touch, I can't double tap and hold on an image in a browser to save the image. It doesn't work with force touch anymore. I'm so with the screen rotation problems and Morris Strickson and how I can use the Internet in a browser I'm starting to find the whole mobile experience in iOS to be a pain in the ***

LaurelynW

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
My rotation lock is off. My compass turns and my widgets, gmail account, but netflix, facebook, amazon prime will not go to landscape.

JRSIV

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I use my iPad Air 2 for music production 90% of the time. No games, no movies. I was on 8.4 for a long time wary to update because of bugs and my belief that a device runs best on the OS it was shipped with or created during. A few versions updated is okay but ask anyone with iPad 3's, 4's or the first few mini's how their how going from like 7 to 9.3 has been.

I broke and updated to 9.3.5 when many of my favorite music apps went iOS 9 and above only. I debated & debated going to 10 but buddies on my music recording forums said it ran smoother than 9 so I finally updated a few days ago to iOS 10.1.1...

This bug is about the only one I've found, 10 doesn't run better than 9 at least in my eyes and with Apple's draconian software rules making going back a version impossible I have to deal with it. This orientation bug is so annoying and yeah these power up/down, messing with the orientation lock work for awhile we shouldn't have to F with that mess for one of the devices most basic of features.
This thread started in what July?! Apple knows about this, fix it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPad Air 2 for music production 90% of the time. No games, no movies. I was on 8.4 for a long time wary to update because of bugs and my belief that a device runs best on the OS it was shipped with or created during. A few versions updated is okay but ask anyone with iPad 3's, 4's or the first few mini's how their how going from like 7 to 9.3 has been.

I broke and updated to 9.3.5 when many of my favorite music apps went iOS 9 and above only. I debated & debated going to 10 but buddies on my music recording forums said it ran smoother than 9 so I finally updated a few days ago to iOS 10.1.1...

This bug is about the only one I've found, 10 doesn't run better than 9 at least in my eyes and with Apple's draconian software rules making going back a version impossible I have to deal with it. This orientation bug is so annoying and yeah these power up/down, messing with the orientation lock work for awhile we shouldn't have to F with that mess for one of the devices most basic of features.
This thread started in what July?! Apple knows about this, fix it!

Sorry you're experiencing problems and hopefully, a fix for you is forthcoming.

skeletor03

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue with my iPhone 7 Plus. I fixed it by changing my Display Zoom to "Standard". I previously had it on "Zoomed". Hope this helps.

MinThanHtike

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, some of iPhone Plus users are mostly affected on HomeScreen rotation and Control Center was showing in wrong arrangement of its icons.

organum

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Considering how long this has been reported seems like Apple don't care.

The problem happens all the time with me. For short while after 10.2 all seemed well but today back to the same problem which I fix for a while with a reboot.

As has been commented here the more features are added the more buggy iOS becomes, something we have all seen before with fenetres!

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I pull down the Spotlight on my iPad (10.1.1) the keyboard would come up in the wrong orientation. Had to get out of Spotlight, re-orient the screen, only then the keyboard will be in the right place.

JRSIV

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had 10.2 for a few days now and it seems to have stopped the rotation bug, knock on wood. I almost don't want to jinx it by saying anything but wanted to let any of the members on 10.1.1 & below who're experiencing this orientation bug that so far 10.2 seems to have helped my Air 2.

I don't like how none of the materials from Apple on the 10.2 update bug fixes mention anything about rotation bugs getting fixed. Since they've obviously known since the Beta it exists and that it strikes Air 2 & later model iPhones in particular it really seems lame they don't mention it officially or even on their forums.

They make great quality tablets with app devs who make pro level music production apps for their OS exclusively so musicians & music producers are sort of in a "dummy up and deal with it" position. I assume a lot of other A/V pros & enthusiasts feel the same. If we're held to the company and fans & supporters like I am at the very least the can make sure the most basic functions work.

But first world problems right?

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is an iOS bug,. Also, some apps mess up the screen orientation, such as instagram, amd the camera app too. Some apps are in forced portrait mode (i.e. Instagram) . And so for example if I have a Instagram open and I go to landscape mode in other apps or into the app switcher ,all of the apps will be twisted the wrong way around and the screen won't rotate. Sometimes even when I open the iPad screen cover it won't rotate. Usually closing the cover again so the screen goes dark and reopening the cover, often fixes the problem. It happens on my iPad air 2 my iPad Mini,, and my iPhone 7 Plus It happens on all devices every day about 20 times per device. It's definitely a bug in iOS 10

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agree with everything you say. I think apple never mention 98% of what their updates fux. Also, Apple have a policy of never admitting when something is wrong. They also delete remove and block any posts which have detrimental information about the products on that floor rooms. I myself have had many dozens of post removed within five minutes of posting which revealed a problem about an Apple device or their operating system. I once found a guy who was posting the same app with different names to try to sell it in a deceptive manner in the Apple App Store and I contacted Apple on the line for a chat to tell them about it. I just hung up on me. They are not interested in reports about fraud you lent developers. They are definitely not interested in letting the world know about the screen orientation lock problem. Yes they do make great professional music apps which I also have many. They also have the only mobile video editing app which is usable for any professional (IMovie) unfortunately the iOS operating system however seems to be developing more and more towards consumers who want to do shopping and just enjoy media consumption. They seem to be copying the android market in that. For professionals like yourself and myself to create content both the Mac and the iOS device is becoming less useful than it used to be for content creators. I really hope Apple don't Become just another candy crush saga, and forget about all of us content creators. I have been delaying to update my devices to iOS 10.2 because I'm afraid it's going to mess things up for me even worse. But reading your comments I think perhaps I might risk it if it's going to get rid of the screen orientation problem

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing this on my iPhone 7 plus. I'll have portrait lock on and it'll still slightly shift to landscape and revert back.

Corryn Newlan

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPad pro and it will NOT ROTATE to landscape. O matter what I do. And it's completely frustrating. I use my iPad to paint in procreate so when it's locked in portrait mode it kinda screws up everything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4