Surprised Android Convert

Sydneysue

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello All!

As I'm sure you've all heard before from former Android users, I am now a pleasantly surprised happy owner of a iPhone 5s 64 gig in space gray.

I have owned an original iPod for quite a few year's and I love it, but swore I would never buy an iPhone. Family members that had them always had cracked screens, call reception was horrible and they couldn't customize their iPhones the way I could on my droids. I had been an Android user for the past 6 years and figured I would be for life.

Fast forward to now. I was looking to upgrade my phone and was looking at all the new phone's and the one thing I kept noticing was how big they were getting. Now I am a petite gal with small hands and for the first time I started thinking about the iPhone due to it's smaller size. I don't watch movie's or play games on my phone so I really don't need a huge screen. And the glitches and lags in the Android system was getting on my last nerve along with the never-ending bloatware that I didn't want or use but couldn't get rid of. So I narrowed it down to either a Samsung Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s. So off to Best Buy I go to compare because they were the only place that had an iPhone 5s in stock in the 64g size. I have 25g on my iPod and wanted the extra space.

Now you would figure that Best Buy would have had a demo iPhone set up and someone knowledgeable to help explain the differences in the 2 systems and show me the ropes so to speak - I didn't think that was such a far fetched expectation. Instead, what I did get was a list of what I'm not going to be able to do with my iPhone that I can do with Android as far as customization of contacts, ringtones etc. I was pretty annoyed by this point, but knowing I had 2 weeks to play with it and could return it if I didn't like it, I took the leap and got the iPhone. I'm pretty good at figuring things out, so why not.

Well, I've had the iPhone for 5 days now, and I have to say that I don't think I'll ever go back to Android. I have my iPod collection on my iPhone now, I have it somewhat working in my car though there seems to be issues with Ford Sync, but it's a Ford issue - had Android issue's also after an update. There is a big learning curve, and I am still figuring out a lot of thing's, but it's going to take time. I have figured out that the girl at Best Buy was wrong with what she told me I couldn't do, and from browsing through this forum, I have found a lot of useful information also. All in all, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. It's a beautifully designed phone, perfect size, and so far I haven't had any issues other than me forgetting that I'm not using Android anymore. Kudos to Apple!!!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congratulations on getting your new iPhone 5S 64 GB. Enjoy it. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Take care...:)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and iOS. Don't hesitate to ask around the forums for tips. You won't miss not being able to customize because you will be spending all your time actually using your phone to do productive things.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well certainly welcome to iMore with your big bad 64 GB Space Gray LOL :) and a very well shared introduction to the forum which tells us what we love to hear and know about our newest members. I hope you won't waste anytime in jumping right into the forums that you like and of course the 5S which would be obvious. Have fun and let us know if you need anything from us ok? Anyway Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Community sydneysue :biggrin: If you are really into customizing just wait till the new jailbreak comes along and you can have a spectacular phone and the ability to customize also....win win !

Wicket

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
all too often Apple vs Android gets in the way of the reality that it's what works best for you and not what everyone else says it best, for them. Your reasons, screen size aside (they are getting a little ridiculously large) are similar reasons I chose to only go with Nexus Phones and leave Verizon, got sick of feeling like I "had" to root to get a bloat free smooth experience and stay up to date. Anyways, glad you found something that works for you.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
the new android phones are getting a little too big for my pocket so i am planning on trying to stay away from them. welcome to the imore forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2