Coming from Windows Phone

aubreyq

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been an active member of WPCentral since 2010 using a Samsung Focus on WP7. Windows Phone 8 got some stuff right but other stuff it was more of the "it's coming soon" routine. Additionally, Google isn't playing nice with WP users. Based on the aforementioned, I decided to put WP on hiatus and try iOS so I got an iPhone 5 last night.

Right now I'm still digesting the whole Apple ID stuff, wondering if one account or more is better (have other iOS devices at home). Also trying to figure the easiest way to carry my Windows Phone contacts to iCloud. I want to keep it simple so my goal is to have my Calendar and Contacts on iCloud without relying on my Yahoo Mail or Hotmail info. That could mean I have to type the stuff manually but hopefully I can import it in some way.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have outlook? And a way to get your contacts in there. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer everything.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are a couple of really good threads that will walk you through moving your stuff to iCloud - really easy if they're currently in Google.

Welcome to iMore!

aubreyq

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you have outlook? And a way to get your contacts in there. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer everything.
Thanks, Zerog. I do have Outlook. I can try importing the .csv from Windows Live into Outlook and then export them as a .vcf so iCloud can import them.

There are a couple of really good threads that will walk you through moving your stuff to iCloud - really easy if they're currently in Google.

Welcome to iMore!
Thanks, Alli. They aren't in Google but I can put them there temporarily for the purposes of getting them to iCloud. I'll be searching the forums a lot more.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been an active member of WPCentral since 2010 using a Samsung Focus on WP7. Windows Phone 8 got some stuff right but other stuff it was more of the "it's coming soon" routine. Additionally, Google isn't playing nice with WP users. Based on the aforementioned, I decided to put WP on hiatus and try iOS so I got an iPhone 5 last night.

Right now I'm still digesting the whole Apple ID stuff, wondering if one account or more is better (have other iOS devices at home). Also trying to figure the easiest way to carry my Windows Phone contacts to iCloud. I want to keep it simple so my goal is to have my Calendar and Contacts on iCloud without relying on my Yahoo Mail or Hotmail info. That could mean I have to type the stuff manually but hopefully I can import it in some way.

Welcome to the iMore forums and Blog site. Wer are all happy you made the jump to the better phone and site...:) Enjoy yourself and if you need anything else please don't hesitate to call on us.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2