Intro: Massie

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello to iMore! I've been on the forums here for almost three years now, and while I've taken on some moderator duties over the last year or so, I'm primarily just someone who really enjoys figuring things out?and helping others do the same.

I first came to the world of iOS through the iPhone 3G, and particularly through the jailbreak community; at that time it was still a relatively new thing, and searching out new tweaks and apps was an eye-opening experience. (It also appealed to the former art school undergrad in me: the ability to change Apple's default graphics eventually led me to create some themes myself.) Since then, there's just been something about Apple and iOS?partly it's the app ecosystem, partly it's the design polish?that has always held my interest, even when it means waiting for a new jailbreak to be able to do something that other devices might be able to do out of the box.

Outside of iMore, switching to iOS/Mac has led directly to my blog at JackJohnBrown (mostly iOS/tech news) and theCarryAll (images, gags, and graphic design); without the mobile ease of use that the iPhone introduced, I'm not sure I'd have started either of those. Wanting to design for jailbreak tweaks and themes has really pushed me to polish my graphic design skills, which has led to other design worlds.

In the rest of my time, I wear a bunch of different hats, including photographer's assistant, film writer, and jazz musician.

Hope that helps, and I'll see you in the forums!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello to iMore! I've been on the forums here for almost three years now, and while I've taken on some moderator duties over the last year or so, I'm primarily just someone who really enjoys figuring things out–and helping others do the same.

I first came to the world of iOS through the iPhone 3G, and particularly through the jailbreak community; at that time it was still a relatively new thing, and searching out new tweaks and apps was an eye-opening experience. (It also appealed to the former art school undergrad in me: the ability to change Apple's default graphics eventually led me to create some themes myself.) Since then, there's just been something about Apple and iOS–partly it's the app ecosystem, partly it's the design polish–that has always held my interest, even when it means waiting for a new jailbreak to be able to do something that other devices might be able to do out of the box.

Outside of iMore, switching to iOS/Mac has led directly to my blog at JackJohnBrown (mostly iOS/tech news) and theCarryAll (images, gags, and graphic design); without the mobile ease of use that the iPhone introduced, I'm not sure I'd have started either of those. Wanting to design for jailbreak tweaks and themes has really pushed me to polish my graphic design skills, which has led to other design worlds.

In the rest of my time, I wear a bunch of different hats, including photographer's assistant, film writer, and jazz musician.

Hope that helps, and I'll see you in the forums!

Glad to have met you through here Massie and thank you for your valuble advice this year.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Massie!!! Glad to have you here. Your the Best and I enjoy reading every one of your posts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2