Transferable AppleCare?

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I apologize if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't find a section on AppleCare.

My question to you all is: Do you happen o know if AppleCare+ is transferable? I bought my 5 back in March with AppleCare+ and had to use one of my replacements due to an accidental drop, but still have years left on it. I'm considering the 5S (outright purchase to avoid losing unlimited on Verizon) but I was thinking I could transfer the AppleCare+ to the 5S.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to the 18th!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
No. Warranty is tied to the imei of the phone. If u sold the phone the warranty can be transferred to the person who bought it but u can't move it to your new device.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not true. You can transfer it to a new phone. I did it with both of my 5's last year. I think it just has to be done within 30 days of your new purchase.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Not true. You can transfer it to a new phone. I did it with both of my 5's last year. I think it just has to be done within 30 days of your new purchase.
So you can take the remaining time and transfer it to another device within 30 days of purchase of the new device? Do they charge you a fee? I also thought it was tied to the original phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77