Forum User Title breakdown

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, I have been wondering, what is the breakdown for titles and your posts on the forum. I current have 406 or so posts and I am an iPhone Intermediate.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
good question, however i was more wanting to change mine to something different..

who's ego do i need to stroke around here to get that done?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Custom titles will never happen as you'll have too many people creating names that are not appropriate and then others will complain about it, etc...

Anyways, here is the full run down of titles and the amount of posts needed.

Reactions: iquinn and BLiNK

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
So, what is the deal with the counter on the post counts? I've put on several posts - hopefully out of the way so I could edit my CP information, but it seems like posts in the off topic forum don't count. Is that true?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Custom titles will never happen as you'll have too many people creating names that are not appropriate and then others will complain about it, etc...

Anyways, here is the full run down of titles and the amount of posts needed.

Darn. So I can't be Dirk Diggler?
So, what is the deal with the counter on the post counts? I've put on several posts - hopefully out of the way so I could edit my CP information, but it seems like posts in the off topic forum don't count. Is that true?

You are correct. Posts made in off-topic are not added to you post count.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
any chance we could get some more user titles? maybe that go up to 5000 posts?

This is how we do it at CrackBerry. At 5000 posts a member can select a custom title, BUT it gets approved and the title posted by an Admin (Kevin, or Adam usually). Members are NOT allowed to change it on their own. :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This is how we do it at CrackBerry. At 5000 posts a member can select a custom title, BUT it gets approved and the title posted by an Admin (Kevin, or Adam usually). Members are NOT allowed to change it on their own. :)

this what i am talking about! i want to be able change mine!! but i think 4000 would be a good number ;) :D

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
this what i am talking about! i want to be able change mine!! but i think 4000 would be a good number ;) :D

Well since your top catagory is 3000, perhaps THAT could be were your custom comes in at? That's how it works at CB. :) (I'm actually number 4 at CB with 14K posts, BUT I can't get a custom title, at least not until I retire. ;) )

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well since your top catagory is 3000, perhaps THAT could be were your custom comes in at? That's how it works at CB. :)

nah, they are not going to budge on it. i've asked the "higher ups" around here and it was either a "no" or no response

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ok i am at 5000 -- NOW WHAT?!?! i am looking at you Jeremy Sikora!

I think after a member reaches 3000 they should be given the option to use a custom user title or no title at all. Android Central already has this feature no mater what your post count is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hi, my name is BLiNK and i would like to change my Forum User Title

"hi BLiNK, i see you are coming up on 6000 posts. surely they will you then??"

i don't know, nobody wants to respond *sad face*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members