Apple kicked Idris Elba out of its iPhone 14 ad

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Below is a competitor's headline for the same story:

"Apple removes vocals from iPhone 14 launch ad after lyrics were confused for racial slur".

No click-bait title like the one for this thread giving the impression that a certain actor was kicked out of the ad. (shameful)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

"Apple removes vocals from iPhone 14 launch ad after lyrics were confused for racial slur".

No click-bait title like the one for this thread giving the impression that a certain actor was kicked out of the ad. (shameful)

Is it just me, or did the click bait get worse after Future took over?

Asking for a friend.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

Spot on Just-Me-D.
Unfortunately it’s clickbait that rules many if not most headlines. Harshly put, we are all collectively dumbed down because of it but the knee jerk impulse clickbait creates gets more page views.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Spot on Just-Me-D.
Unfortunately it’s clickbait that rules many if not most headlines. Harshly put, we are all collectively dumbed down because of it but the knee jerk impulse clickbait creates gets more page views.

You are correct. With that being said, I learned a long time ago that headlines are designed to “attract” and “persuade”. Sometimes they are used to disrupt. If you want to know enough to form for own opinion then read the article.

However, some click-bait headlines are obviously outlandish to where one should know not to click on it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Asking for a friend.

Looks like it. But maybe more about the writers hired in recent years. Are they doing it on their own, or by instruction from someone at Future? It's definitely been noticeable. And, unfortunately, there's no longer a comment section, where we can rebuke them. They may have removed it because of me.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, Gerald Lynch is the new "Editor in Chief" for iMore. He came on board a few months ago after Joe Keller left.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Asking for a friend.
Oh most definitely - it's not just you! Clickbait and new (fake) accounts suddenly posting on the article threads to drive content. Shockingly shady practices.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Asking for a friend.

It has become more noticeable this past couple of months. I unsubscribed from the RSS feed this morning, because it was too clickbaity to my taste.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2