iMessages deleted from my iPhone.

serenty178

Jul 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I have an iPhone8 with iOS 13.5.1

This weekend, I had several individual text messages - some text only, others were pics and videos that were deleted from my iPhone. In fact, a few of these were disappearing as I was scrolling through the text chain. The missing messages and related pics/videos were not in sequential order but rather staggered throughout the message chain. The missing messages were all sent from another iPhone user (as iMessages). When I checked my MacBook Pro, the entire message chain was in tact and fully visible (including the pics/videos) so I have a full record of the conversation, however my initial research seemed to indicate that there is no way another user can delete messages from another users device. These were all messages that were opened and read on my device before they disappeared and I have no 3rd party software on my device that would allow any remote capability. Does anyone know how another iPhone user may be able to remove texts (message, pics/videos) they sent? Is there any way I can check to ensure my iPhone is/has not been compromised? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have an iPhone8 with iOS 13.5.1

This weekend, I had several individual text messages - some text only, others were pics and videos that were deleted from my iPhone. In fact, a few of these were disappearing as I was scrolling through the text chain. The missing messages and related pics/videos were not in sequential order but rather staggered throughout the message chain. The missing messages were all sent from another iPhone user (as iMessages). When I checked my MacBook Pro, the entire message chain was in tact and fully visible (including the pics/videos) so I have a full record of the conversation, however my initial research seemed to indicate that there is no way another user can delete messages from another users device. These were all messages that were opened and read on my device before they disappeared and I have no 3rd party software on my device that would allow any remote capability. Does anyone know how another iPhone user may be able to remove texts (message, pics/videos) they sent? Is there any way I can check to ensure my iPhone is/has not been compromised? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Make sure that in Settings > Messages > Message History > Keep Messages the toggle is set to Forever.
Then enable messages in iCloud so it gets synchronized to iCloud.

Do the same on your MacBook Pro, too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2