Can I delete Animoji from iMessage

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to delete this annoying "app" from the iMessage app? Or delete this all together from my phone? I find the Photos, Animoji, and App store icons in iMessage annoying and not useful at all. Should be a way to opt in/out of using/showing these stupid icons.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to remove them OP, but I feel the same way. Apple can give us new Animoji's but not a Dark Theme...WOW seriously?
Just sayin'

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to remove them OP, but I feel the same way. Apple can give us new Animoji's but not a Dark Theme...WOW seriously?
Just sayin'

I just wish there was a way to delete or at least disable these stupid links in iMessage.. it's weird because there is an option to delete the Animoji, but when you actually select "delete" it does nothing. Why put that option in there if it aint gonna do anything!?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You could always click the App Store icon & the messages app will only show you predictive text. I only see those apps if I click the icon to show them. I’m not really understanding what the issue is. If you don’t use it, don’t click it to show it.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You could always click the App Store icon & the messages app will only show you predictive text. I only see those apps if I click the icon to show them. I’m not really understanding what the issue is. If you don’t use it, don’t click it to show it.

Hmmmm, well that's a cool feature that I didn't know about! Works for me! Thank you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL, I didn't know this either. THANKS Nikki

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I found this several months ago. Thanks Nikki for sharing this info.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Good, thanks, I’d pruned the thing so it was only showing the Photos and App store and the irritating panel with the three dots(more) panel and stopped there. From curiosity, how did you find out ? did you just fiddle about till you got it the way you wanted it, or were you the one that read the instructions... ?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If you think Animoji is bad, you ain't seen NOTHING till you've seen Samsung's version. It's a new level of bad!

mattyice92

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
On the iMessage keyboard if you click the emojis from the qwerty keyboard the unicorns and other annoying Animoji’s will appear. If you click the same emoji button a second time they will slide to the left out of view. There isn’t a way that I have found as yet to delete them out of our lives. I am reminded of that damned U2 album Apple stuck on all our phones 5 years ago🤣

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2