Why does my iPhone move from iMessage to text and back again when I want to use only iMessage?

I

iMore Question

why does my I phone move from I message to text and back again when i want to use only I message?

My Phone will show in the message box, I message and then I will send a message out and it will tell me it sent the message as a text when I needed it to send as an I message. Then the box shows instead of I message, "text " shows. It does this at random with no changes from me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my I phone move from I message to text and back again when i want to use only I message

1. iMessages can only be sent to compatible Apple devices.
2. If the recipient does not have an Apple device or have iMessage disabled on their Apple device then the message will default to being sent as an SMS message.
3. Server problems on Apple's side.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my I phone move from I message to text and back again when i want to use only I message

Happens to me sometimes with people that have iMessage on. It's probably the fact that either one of you is not connected to the internet, or the connection is bad, so it resorts to text messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll