If I block someone and they try to send me an iMessage, does it show delivered on their end?

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone answer if I block someone and they try to send me an iMessage, does it show delivered on their end? I have no way of checking right now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good question, and as far as I can tell, it does. The focus of the block feature is on preventing the messages from getting delivered to you more than on what is displayed on the sender's end, in my opinion.

iphone2010

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
My phone is too old to use iMessage, but I tested it with my best friends' phones. I blocked one phone and sent an iMessage from the other iPhone. They were both on iOS 8.1. It still said Delivered, just didn't come in on the receiving end. ON the sender's phone it still looks like the iMessage was sent and delivered.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone is too old to use iMessage, but I tested it with my best friends' phones. I blocked one phone and sent an iMessage from the other iPhone. They were both on iOS 8.1. It still said Delivered, just didn't come in on the receiving end. ON the sender's phone it still looks like the iMessage was sent and delivered.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1

Good to know. Thank you!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77