iMessage Delivered

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
When sending someone an iMessage, via their email address OR mobile number, it will often show 'Delivered'.

Say one is sending an iMessage to an email address, and the device they have that email address registered with, is off, will it still say 'delivered'? Wondering if the status (delivered, failed, etcetera), is cloud based, versus actual device/hardware.

Earlier this week, I sent a message to an old email address that I had for someone. Trying to confirm if it is even legit, or active.

Hence, my question...

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Whether or not someone’s device is on or off doesn’t affect receipt of an iMessage. It depends on whether the device is set to receive emails for that particular address.

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Understood. So, are you saying 'delivered' is merely confirming that the message was delivered to the email address or mobile number (and not so much the device itself)? Hence, it is really a sort of 'cloud' confirmation that the message was delivered.

Whether or not someone’s device is on or off doesn’t affect receipt of an iMessage. It depends on whether the device is set to receive emails for that particular address.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
A device’s connection status will be taken into account.

That’s what enables automatic fallback to MMS and SMS messaging if a message can’t be delivered in a timely fashion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2