Can you suggest any anti-virus software for the Mac?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Suggestion for iMac AntiVirus please

That product had had reviews in the past and I can confirm the reputation for not slowing down your system. I don't have virus problems but did catch it so a crypto mining site.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I'm a big Eset user. When I first got into IT (many years ago) the company I was at was using Eset and we had an issue where we bought a bunch of USB drives for our employees and as soon as I connected one to my PC, Eset detected a key logger program on the USB drives. We cleaned them all.

Ever since that it's all I've used, on both PC and all my Mac's.

Just my $.02.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Suggestion for iMac AntiVirus please

I use DRWebb professional version and haven’t had any issues. I was thinking of switching to McAffee after the first of the year.

Last edited:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Can anyway suggest a Malware removal app.?

Any name brand app like AVG, Norton, McAfee will work well. I use DRWebb pro version and it does a very good job. As far as free ones, I have always just bit the bullet and got the paid versions. Seems to be the best way to go.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Any name brand app like AVG, Norton, McAfee will work well. I use DRWebb pro version and it does a very good job. As far as free ones, I have always just bit the bullet and got the paid versions. Seems to be the best way to go.

I have a paid McAfee version but it does not remove malware. :(

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

Will Norton be good? I’ve used it before on PCs but not on the MacBook Pro. Wondering if it will slow it down. I’ve got the high end 2017 15”.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

I use Norton Premier paid and a little pricey but very good and Malwarebytes a free program and works well .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77