To Retina, or not to Retina?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Based on my recent posts, I'm starting to broaden my view on units. From a MacBook, to possibly an iMac (I've always been more of a Desktop user).

The question now, is an iMac non-Retina as good as a Retina unit? And, more to the point, for us that are use to everyday monitors, without Retina (not watching movies and the likes), is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your input...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
The retina iMac comes in handy when editing photos. But they do require regular calibration if that is the type of work you will be doing on the machine. It is a wonderful screen to use and will be one of my next choices when upgrading my computer. I have had the opportunity to use the retina iMac at work. I currently own a regular iMac 27" and do very well with it. I do a lot of design work and find that I do not miss the retina when using my personal machine. Maybe because I am accustomed to it.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Particularly if you plan any photo editing or design work. If your using it for just day to day routine things then I would say save yourself the money and get the non-retina. The non-retina is still a beautiful screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77