Photos and photo library

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I’m struggling with iCloud cause I shot a long video that I deleted afterwards, but iCloud still says that I don’t have enough storage (but I have plenty).
So I disabled many things, deleted, tried this and that, long story short I’m re uploading everything and thankfully it started working again.
What I don’t understand is what’s the difference between photos (on iCloud) and the other option named “photo library” that I see when I go to iCloud - backups. Isn’t that supposed to be the same thing? They have different sizes and when I have this option on, it just doesn’t upload anything (again, not enough storage supposedly).

Ps. Well, my photos are backed up but nothing else, because iCloud backup couldn’t complete because there’s not enough storage..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iCloud Photo Library is an optional feature of Apple's iCloud service that can automatically back up and sync any images and video you take to iCloud. It works with Photos for iPhone, iPad, and Mac, and also provides sync services for devices like Apple TV. When you enable iCloud Photo Library, it uses your iCloud storage space to upload all images and video you've either taken, screenshot, saved, or imported on any of your iOS devices or Macs.

Source: https://www.imore.com/icloud-photo-library

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
iCloud Photo Library is an optional feature of Apple's iCloud service that can automatically back up and sync any images and video you take to iCloud. It works with Photos for iPhone, iPad, and Mac, and also provides sync services for devices like Apple TV. When you enable iCloud Photo Library, it uses your iCloud storage space to upload all images and video you've either taken, screenshot, saved, or imported on any of your iOS devices or Macs.

Source: https://www.imore.com/icloud-photo-library

Hello and thanks for your reply!
Let me explain a little bit.
When you open iCloud, first you see “photos” with the colorful photos app icon. This supposed to be photos/videos backup.
When you turn that option off and go to iCloud - your iPhone - backup, there’s an option named “photo library” with the camera icon that I think it’s the same. When you enable photos, it disappears from the backup app list.
That’s what I don’t understand.

Also my problem is still there. Next backup size 340mb, free space 3.5GB, but backup fails because “there’s not enough storage”..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2