iCloud question

osveta

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi!

I have a iMac, iPhone, iPad and a Macbook and would like to have all my Pictures taken from my iPhome and iPad and Pictures imported to my Macbook beeing synced and download to my iMac photoes (for backup). But i would not want the Whole Library (100k+ pictures) on my iMac synced back. So i would like a one way sync. Is that possible?

Would be very Grateful for all suggestions!

Thank you!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I have a iMac, iPhone, iPad and a Macbook and would like to have all my Pictures taken from my iPhome and iPad and Pictures imported to my Macbook beeing synced and download to my iMac photoes (for backup). But i would not want the Whole Library (100k+ pictures) on my iMac synced back. So i would like a one way sync. Is that possible?

Would be very Grateful for all suggestions!

Thank you!

You could create a new folder and put all the existing photos on the iMac in it. Then you enable iCloud Photo Library on all of the things.
This way you get to start with a clean slate but loose the organized structure the Photos app gave to the ‘Whole Library’ you just moved to a separate folder.

Alternatively: https://www.imore.com/icloud-photo-library-vs-my-photo-stream-whats-difference

This piece of information will provide you with more ways to achieve what you want.

t2jock

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
In my opinion, the best way to accomplish what you're looking for is by using a NAS product, like the Synology line of servers. Store all of you photos on the NAS rather than iCloud, maintain local control over everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2