I love Apple and own almost everything they sell, but one thing that bothers me is paying the "Apple Tax".... Icloud space... For my family of 4 , I pay 2.99 for each phone for 200 GB of icloud space. I know that $12 per month isn't a ton of money.. Is there a better and cheaper way to have have your data backed up?
    01-16-2018 10:06 AM
    I love Apple and own almost everything they sell, but one thing that bothers me is paying the "Apple Tax".... Icloud space... For my family of 4 , I pay 2.99 for each phone for 200 GB of icloud space. I know that $12 per month isn't a ton of money.. Is there a better and cheaper way to have have your data backed up?
    I too pay for additional iCloud storage space. For me, it's cheap and convenient because I don't even have to think about it. Though the cheapest way is probably performing local backups on your computer. It can take quite a bit of space when you're looking at backing up multiple devices, but there is no cost associated with doing it that way.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-16-2018 10:35 AM
    I'm also on the 200 gig plan but I also have a lot of work files that sync to iCloud so I can get to them from my iPhone or iMac. I also have my iPhone and iPad backing up every night.

Is there a better or cheaper way? Maybe. But its just so dang easy to use iCloud.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-16-2018 05:13 PM
    I’d say figure out what you’re saving the most. So for example if it’s like photos that’s taking up most of your iCloud space there are apps like prime photos that you can download to save photos and delete them from you iCloud. That’s what I do.
    05-28-2018 11:24 PM
    The cheapest way is probably performing local backups on your person computer.In addition to costs, but also consider the data's security.
    05-29-2018 12:47 AM
    iTunes is really your only other option. Any third party option is going to be VERY limited (not much outside of photos and videos).
    Since I don’t feel like dealing with iTunes I use iCloud. I have the 2TB plan for $9.99/month USD and I share it with my wife and kids.
    05-29-2018 05:26 AM
    iTunes is really your only other option. Any third party option is going to be VERY limited (not much outside of photos and videos).
    Since I don’t feel like dealing with iTunes I use iCloud. I have the 2TB plan for $9.99/month USD and I share it with my wife and kids.
    This is what I have. Works with our MBP as well.
    05-29-2018 06:15 AM