Google Bard Advanced leak shows ChatGPT rival is on the way — and Apple still is racing for Siri to catch up

ggore

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Siri will never get better until Apple users finally allow it to anonymously use data from your queries, use anonymous data from what you do with your phone, and the like. The data that Google has used for years that have enabled Google Assistant to be a FAR better alternative to Siri. The data that Google and Android users have gladly and yes, sometimes unknowingly allowed Google to use. But that usage has made Google Assistant much better at what it does. Amazon has done the same thing with Alexa, and it is a FAR better assistant than Siri. But when Siri came out, all the tech press, bloggers, and YouTubers went nuts and raised hell over the potential for Apple to gain knowledge from the sending to Apple of anonymous user data. So all Apple iPhone users turned off the function and Siri has been totally crippled in what it can learn and suggest ever since. You can't complain about Siri not being able to do anything when you won't allow it to learn anything about you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri will never get better until Apple users finally allow it to anonymously use data from your queries, use anonymous data from what you do with your phone, and the like. The data that Google has used for years that have enabled Google Assistant to be a FAR better alternative to Siri. The data that Google and Android users have gladly and yes, sometimes unknowingly allowed Google to use. But that usage has made Google Assistant much better at what it does. Amazon has done the same thing with Alexa, and it is a FAR better assistant than Siri. But when Siri came out, all the tech press, bloggers, and YouTubers went nuts and raised hell over the potential for Apple to gain knowledge from the sending to Apple of anonymous user data. So all Apple iPhone users turned off the function and Siri has been totally crippled in what it can learn and suggest ever since. You can't complain about Siri not being able to do anything when you won't allow it to learn anything about you

I’m so glad Apple has given me the option to disable certain access to “my” data. If you think so-called anonymous data cannot be traced back to you with due diligence then you’re kidding yourself.

As for Siri, my interaction with it has been 95% positive and 5% negative, but I’ve never expected Siri to all-knowing and all-capable.

People are already ticked off because AI is replacing people in the workplace, but that’s a topic for another day….(laughing). Anyway, have an awesome rest of your weekend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77