Is there a better way to back up and cheaper way to backup your data?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I love Apple and own almost everything they sell, but one thing that bothers me is paying the "Apple Tax".... Icloud space... For my family of 4 , I pay 2.99 for each phone for 200 GB of icloud space. I know that $12 per month isn't a ton of money.. Is there a better and cheaper way to have have your data backed up?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I love Apple and own almost everything they sell, but one thing that bothers me is paying the "Apple Tax".... Icloud space... For my family of 4 , I pay 2.99 for each phone for 200 GB of icloud space. I know that $12 per month isn't a ton of money.. Is there a better and cheaper way to have have your data backed up?

I too pay for additional iCloud storage space. For me, it's cheap and convenient because I don't even have to think about it. Though the cheapest way is probably performing local backups on your computer. It can take quite a bit of space when you're looking at backing up multiple devices, but there is no cost associated with doing it that way.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm also on the 200 gig plan but I also have a lot of work files that sync to iCloud so I can get to them from my iPhone or iMac. I also have my iPhone and iPad backing up every night.

Is there a better or cheaper way? Maybe. But its just so dang easy to use iCloud.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

I’d say figure out what you’re saving the most. So for example if it’s like photos that’s taking up most of your iCloud space there are apps like prime photos that you can download to save photos and delete them from you iCloud. That’s what I do.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iTunes is really your only other option. Any third party option is going to be VERY limited (not much outside of photos and videos).
Since I don’t feel like dealing with iTunes I use iCloud. I have the 2TB plan for $9.99/month USD and I share it with my wife and kids.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iTunes is really your only other option. Any third party option is going to be VERY limited (not much outside of photos and videos).
Since I don’t feel like dealing with iTunes I use iCloud. I have the 2TB plan for $9.99/month USD and I share it with my wife and kids.

This is what I have. Works with our MBP as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2