iCloud Drive - sync and limitations

rubenon

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I upgraded my iCloud Drive to 2TB, and I would like to know if it's possible to sync an external drive to automatically uptade my files on it. And I also want to know if there's a limitation for upload, because I'd tried to transfer all my folders (total size 300gb) and I got a message saying that there wasn't space enough to complete the action. Is this happening due to the fact that I'm sending all folders at the same time? It's only possible to send one by one?

Thanks!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

It's very easy. Just use Time Machine. Time Machine will do automatic backups for you. Once you do it the first time it will take some time. Could be several hours in fact. Then it will do incremental backups on a daily basis. I've run into the issue of trying to transfer to much at once with other brand name external drives. Just break it up into smaller transfers and it should work fine. Can be large groups of files. Doesn't have to be one by one.

There are also third party apps that you can use to set your own backup schedules such as Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper. I personally use CCC. It's a great app and allows you total control over your external drives. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2