Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
This might sound weird, but it's driving me crazy.
Everything I use, except for this forum (which I'm about to email mobile nations and ask to change or delete and start over) and my iCloud don't match.
I use dlashworthjr for everything and would like to further expand on that. However, my Apple ID doesn't match and it drives me crazy. I know I can't merge them, but I've thought about doing a family share thing, so I can have access to all my apps that I've dumped a lot of money into.
Is that crazy?
However I run into another problem, stuff outside my iPhone, like YouTube. I have to have a gmail, which I do and is [redacted]. So I'm thinking about creating a new Apple ID with that gmail, I know I can't sync my mail and notes across devices and that's kind of a shame because I'm captain default with Apples apps and really go out of my way using all of them like iWork, maps and music.
I would really love to have one email to rule them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I changed my Apple ID and didn't loose anything.
When you log out, on your iPhone, select to "Keep on my iPhone" every time you're prompted. Then, log in with your new Apple ID, backup your device to iCloud and voila! Apps are now associated with your new Apple ID.

And creating a new Apple ID with that Gmail is a good idea and yes, you can sync mail and notes across devices

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused. So right now I'm [redacted]. If i log out of my iCloud keep everything on my iPhone add the new one I created on my iPhone 4, [redacted], all my previous apps and photos would appear?
For example I bought Transistor the video game (great game please play) but after I beat it, I deleted it. So the new [redacted] will still have access to that game?

Do you guys use gmail as an Apple ID

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. So right now I'm [redacted]. If i log out of my iCloud keep everything on my iPhone add the new one I created on my iPhone 4, [redacted], all my previous apps and photos would appear?
For example I bought Transistor the video game (great game please play) but after I beat it, I deleted it. So the new [redacted] will still have access to that game?

Do you guys use gmail as an Apple ID

I use Gmail. My wife uses iCloud. But she uses my ID in iTunes so we share purchases. Not sure exactly what your trying to do.
Could you just log in to iTunes with the old account. That way you can manage your iTunes purchases. If you have downloaded and purchased items on the new account, then you would need to switch back and forth to manage your purchases. You apparently created 2 accounts and have 2 ID's. Is that correct?

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Okay. I've had one account lets call it A1. Over the years for movies, games and app purchases, I've used this account. However, it doesn't match any of my other account and it drives me crazy. I want a new Apple ID that matches everything else, but not lose my stuff. I created a @icloud one and an @gmail one, but don't know which one to use and even when I do make a decision to use the one, how do I get all my content from A1 to the new Apple ID?

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
You can't move content from one Apple ID to another. Is there a particular reason you don't want to change the email address for your original Apple ID, as suggested above in post #3? That seems to be the simplest answer to your dilemma. https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht202667

I've done it myself. It's not complicated -- just follow the instructions in the linked page.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I haven't, it won't mess with anything? Like I just want a visual change. When I go to setting and to where iCloud is, I want the email to match with everything else I use . When I go to the App Store, And scroll to the bottom, I want it to not show the A1 account, but the username I'm using everywhere else. Visually, I just want it to look different. I understand if my A1 account can't be change, but I just want to see something different