Why am I being locked out of my iCloud account weekly?

Dogz09

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Being Locked out of Icloud account weekly

Any suggestions? I'm not doing this and don't know if someone thinks they have the same user name as me or someone is trying to hack it, but it's annoying. Would two-factor authentication stop this? I haven't set that up yet, or will I have to change my icloud user name to something unique?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Being Locked out of Icloud account weekly

Welcome to iMore

Setting up the extra authentication will surely help with security (and in your case I would recommend setting that up), but it won't stop the account from locking if someone repeatedly tries to gain entry in to your account and is failing.

Before changing your Apple ID, change the password for your email account (unless it's a new email account).

This guide will help you change your Apple ID email address: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Dogz09

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!

I didn't think the two factor would stop me being locked out. Suspect it will just make it more of a pain for me to unlock it. I will go ahead with that as a precaution. I keep an iCloud id just for my syncing between devices and have a separate apple id for my apple purchases, app store, iTunes etc. It's just the ......@me that is constantly being locked. I think it might be a case of someone not knowing their ID but can't just assume that. I don't use the iCloud e-mail account but get a ton of e-mail for someone that has clearly given out the wrong e-mail address...not just spam. Grrrr.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I know exactly what you mean about the wrong email address given. I live in the US, but some ninny in the UK is constantly ordering pizza for delivery and typing in the wrong email address. I know it's real because I checked the headers and the IP, and the emails are definitely coming from Domino's in the UK (they even verified it's theirs). It's the same person too because the delivery address and phone number are always the same.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Being Locked out of Icloud account weekly

My sister had that issue with her Gmail. It was a dating service. Someone was using her email address and she was being matched with some dude or something.

Fat Lip

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
if you use a vpn apple will eventually ask for your password again and again and lock you out even if you got it right

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidakz