Automatic iCloud backup problems

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For the last two days I Have not had any iCloud auto backup on my iPad Air 2. I checked carefully:

1. Screen was locked all night (Apple case closes over it)
2. on WiFi
3. Plugged into power (it's at 100% by morning)

I also made sure it was still seen as a trusted device on applieid.apple.com; there is plenty of iCloud space (50GB plan, 27.2 GB available, and latest backup from this iPad was 3.2GB); I was also able to do a manual iCloud backup yesterday morning perfectly (the 3.2GB one) without problems. I also checked Apple System Status and iCloud backup has been green light. Maybe I will try a hard power off/on tonight.

I am not sure what to look for, maybe it will clear itself up which is why I wanted to note it here in case others are having problems. Did I miss anything?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I can tell. What you might have to do is sign out of iCloud on the device and then sign back in.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I can tell. What you might have to do is sign out of iCloud on the device and then sign back in.

Thanks for the suggestion. I signed out, let it delete everything, signed back in, turned off backup, turned it on, deleted my iCLoud backup so it said "never" for last backup, then I plugged it in, locked the screen, and ensured it was on WiFi. It's been 5 hours with no backup. I guess Ill see what it looks like in the morning, maybe it will wait to do it overnight?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I signed out, let it delete everything, signed back in, turned off backup, turned it on, deleted my iCLoud backup so it said "never" for last backup, then I plugged it in, locked the screen, and ensured it was on WiFi. It's been 5 hours with no backup. I guess Ill see what it looks like in the morning, maybe it will wait to do it overnight?

Just keep trying. I've had issues as well. But it eventually backs up. Late at night is good. It's most likely server issues.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
No backup to iCloud on either my iPhone or iPad last night. This is not good, it needs to be more reliable than this. If there is a problem on the servers, it should show on the [URL="https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/#mn_p]Apple Status page[/URL].

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No backup to iCloud on either my iPhone or iPad last night. This is not good, it needs to be more reliable than this. If there is a problem on the servers, it should show on the [URL="https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/#mn_p]Apple Status page[/URL].

Let's all leave feedback on this and maybe they'll fix it one way or another!

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Feedback sent. I wonder if automatic iCloud backup is not working because so many people are downloading photos after upgrading to new phones?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2